Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
laphroiagh  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2009 4:44:44 PM(UTC)
laphroiagh

Groups: Registered

I had an issue with our vent- the buttons were sticky and sometimes didnt work. I looked up the great advice on the forum but while cleaning the keyboard PCB some of the soldered wires came off and the whole PCB looked worn so I ordered a new keyboard PCB. Fits ok but the vent now tries to come on full but the full speed fan light just flickers....there is no fan suction.

Also the vent goes up and down VERY slow. I understand that the main PCB may be defective (we had noticed that, when it was working, the fan struggled and switched off on full speed). I looked at the main PCB (bottom right under the panel) and one resistor seems to be charred and black.

I called dacor and I bought a new PCB (around $180) - i think they had a heat problem with the old ones and redesigned it in 2004 (with a BIG heat sink it seems!).

Anyone replace the PCB themselves- it looks fairly straightforward; a few wires.

Any hints (apart from switching off the electricity!)?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.