Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<678910>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tzjmr0  
#71 Posted : Tuesday, March 1, 2011 5:29:59 AM(UTC)
tzjmr0

Groups: Registered

I had the same problem with our DPGT750EC1WW GE dryer - intermittent blower/heat issue. The heat shuts down when the blower stops, it's supposed to do that or it could cause a fire, so fixing the blower motor was the action needed. I followed the steps in this thread for removing the blower motor and replacing the transistor (labeled Q1 on the pc board) and it fixed the problem.

For those not accustomed to soldering discrete components: Use solder wick to remove the solder holding the bad transistor (just ask for it at Radio Shack) to the pc board on the motor. Keep in mind that excessive heat could harm the new transistor, so don't hold the solder gun on the leads for too long while soldering. Use just a bit of flux to help the solder flow or buy solder that has flux in it. Be careful not to "bridge" solder between the leads - you only need a small bit of solder on each lead. When finished, the solder should be bright and shiny - not dull and gray. Dull and gray means a "cold" solder joint and the transistor will either not work at all or will be intermittent. If it does look dull and gray, just touch the solder gun to it again and as soon as the solder goes liquid - remove the gun immediately.

NOTE: Static electricity KILLS transistors - so don't remove the transistor from it's static-proof bag until you're seated and ready to do the work. Make sure you ground yourself on something metal immediately before picking up the new transistor, you need to be static free or the transistor will be damaged. Try to touch the leads as little as possible. NEVER walk around a room with a transistor in your bare hand.

Replacing the transistor fixed my dryer and saved me a lot of money. Many thanks to those in this thread that found the solution and passed the information on!
kenjiwah  
#72 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 11:05:34 AM(UTC)
kenjiwah

I replaced the transistor and my dryer worked fine for a few months and then the blower motor went back to being intermittent. Now the blower comes on for 2 minutes or so and then shuts off. Any ideas on what I should do? Should I just try and replace the transistor again or should I look into getting a new motor?
Gene  
#73 Posted : Monday, March 21, 2011 5:25:40 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I would suggest a new motor and, if you will order it from APP then it comes with one year warranty.

Gene,
sointoit  
#74 Posted : Friday, April 1, 2011 6:02:52 PM(UTC)
sointoit

My dryer was doing the same thing. I took the blower motor apart and used some electrical contact cleaner and a lint free cloth and wiped out the encoder slot. So far this has taken care of my issue.
lampliter  
#75 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 1:56:22 PM(UTC)
lampliter

I have a GE Harmony as well Model #DPGT750EC1PL and drying time started to increase until no heat at all. I replaced the blower motor and it worked fine for 1 minute than all power was lost. I checked the fuse in the inverter (nicely potted board btw.... :(...) and it checked fine..... both outlet safety and high limit stats ohm out at about 0.5 ohm. I am guseeing the inverter but have no clue. I did noth after replacing the blower and all power lost the elements smelled like they were cooking pretty good. Can anyone please advise short of wasting another 230 on top of 130.
Gene  
#76 Posted : Friday, April 8, 2011 3:47:49 PM(UTC)
Gene

What does it show on the display?

Did you check the power outlet?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric DPGT750EC1PL Electric dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
draces  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, April 12, 2011 6:28:48 AM(UTC)
draces

Thank you for this thread. My blower stopped working last week in my Dryer, I did some searching and came accross this thread. I ordered Part number KSA733CYTA from Mouser for just $0.06 and replaced the transistor in the motor. Everything works great now. Thank you again, this thread saved me from buying a new motor.
draces  
#78 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 4:21:35 PM(UTC)
draces

It seams I am still having problems with my blower motor. A did about 3 loads of laundry before it stopped working again. I replaced the Transistor again. and it worked for about 2-3 more loads. I Then replaced it again, this time it only worked for like 10 minutes. Each time it fails the blower motor will not fire up until I replace the Transistor. I think I may need a new motor all together, but I am afraid there could be something else causing it to go bad. I don't want to spend 150 on a new motor only to have that one fail on my right away too.
jcherrell87  
#79 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 5:12:47 AM(UTC)
jcherrell87

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What does it show on the display?

Did you check the power outlet?

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for General Electric DPGT750EC1PL Electric dryer | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

I am having the same problem. I replaced the transistor on the blower. Put it back together and now have no power on the display screen. I have reset my breakers and I am getting 240V to the outlet. Where are the fuses or switches that could possibly be causing this?
Gene  
#80 Posted : Thursday, June 23, 2011 1:40:44 PM(UTC)
Gene

Check the safety thermostats (#310 & #620 on the diagram) for continuity.

Check the LCD board ribbon connection to the main control board.

Gene.