Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<7891011>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jerle78  
#81 Posted : Wednesday, September 14, 2011 9:28:54 PM(UTC)
jerle78

Groups: Registered

Unfortunately, I replaced Q1 in my motor and the same problem persisted. I'm just going to buy a new motor next week and see how that goes. Luckily, I have a spare dryer in my garage that I'm going to use.
aerosnow  
#82 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 11:51:22 AM(UTC)
aerosnow

Originally Posted by: APPNewbie Go to Quoted Post
I installed the new motor on Thursday and the dryer has been working fine ever since.(We had a build up of laundry and we put the dryer through it's paces catching up.) Thanks everyone for responding even if you did not respond to my direct question. All of the input on this forum made a difference for me. :D
BTW, I think I read a thread on here that indicates that the motor can be rebuilt. Should I save the motor and rebuild it for the next time it goes out?:confused:

I just got my blower motor delivered. How long should i anticipate the chagne out would take? 2 - 3 hours? more? How much Beer should be in the fridge?
jerle78  
#83 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 12:08:25 PM(UTC)
jerle78

It took me about 2 hours from disassembly, replacement of Q1 and re-assembly. I would definitely have a vacuum handy and goggles and facemask because of all the lint dust that's collected inside.

Also, keep track of where the screws all go. There are a lot of screws that come out and they're all different, so it's a good idea to have a template to track where you take screws out from.
aerosnow  
#84 Posted : Friday, November 25, 2011 2:38:57 PM(UTC)
aerosnow

Thank you very much. I'm gunna take a swing at this tomorrow.
aerosnow  
#85 Posted : Sunday, November 27, 2011 5:45:54 AM(UTC)
aerosnow

Thanks for your help. Done in 3 hours. I ran new ducts also.

The hardest part was to get the effing door connector off. Only instance where cut my hand...........then i wore gloves (idiot)

Now to get lunch ready and sit my butt down for some football this afternoon :)
steamy_pile  
#86 Posted : Sunday, August 19, 2012 3:26:08 PM(UTC)
steamy_pile

I've had the same intermittent blower problem for months now. Just replaced the transistor mentioned in this thread (mouser PN: KSA733CYTA), and so far it appears to be working. Thought I would post a couple of pictures of the blower motor disassembled for anyone else thinking about making this repair.

Thank you to everyone that contributed to this thread, it was a big help for me.
File Attachment(s):
Motor-Parts.jpg (303kb) downloaded 98 time(s).
Bottom.jpg (273kb) downloaded 91 time(s).
steamy_pile attached the following image(s):
Transistor.jpg
steamy_pile  
#87 Posted : Sunday, September 9, 2012 8:43:29 AM(UTC)
steamy_pile

Just wanted to post and update to my last post. The transistor repair only worked for a few days for me, then the blower motor started acting up again. I bought a new motor and the dryer has been working great for about 2 weeks now, so I think it was something beyond just the transistor in my case.
OrcasKen  
#88 Posted : Sunday, September 16, 2012 8:09:01 PM(UTC)
OrcasKen

Originally Posted by: jniggli Go to Quoted Post
Don't do like I did and forget to reconnect the door switch!!! I had to repeat a few steps of my disassembly!!
Then it was BEER TIME in my dry pants!

Ha! Me too. Thanks for these instructions; they were just what I needed and spot on. I forgot to read your reminder again before I finished. :(

I wanted to share a couple extra notes to help those that follow...

#1: Tools needed:

• Standard size #2 phillips
  • Stubby #2 phillips (easier for the two screws under the front of the top cover)
  • 13mm or 1/2" socket with 3"+ extension and handle (for reverse thread on fan)
  • Pliers or vice grips to hold shaft on back side of motor (or use an impact wrench with the socket)
#2: Misc notes:

• The screws for the control panel are all in the gray plastic and facing up (not the ones facing back through the metal).
  • The belt for the drum is pretty hard to envision until you have the drum out. Feel around for a belt behind the blower/motor and just feed it off the tensioner pulley until the pulley snaps to the right.
  • It took me about two hours... including the re-disassembly to connect the door switch. Doh!
Thanks so much for posting the instructions, very well done!

Ken
wgomezp1  
#89 Posted : Wednesday, September 19, 2012 7:29:41 AM(UTC)
wgomezp1

Hi Bartman, i just got in this forum.
I have a GE Profile Harmony Model DPGT750EC2WW, which has a intermittent blower, don't know for sure if a transistor KSA733CYTA, yhat you guys are talking about, belong to this Model i have, and if it is, how i find it, i tough it might be at the Main Board.

I appreciate any help.
Thanks
magicO309d  
#90 Posted : Monday, October 22, 2012 3:30:57 PM(UTC)
magicO309d

Thanks for the transistor tip, I just swapped mine out and the dryer has been working like brand new again for dozens of loads over the past 2 weeks!

The interesting thing is that my original transistor tests okay with a digital volt meter but I swapped it out anyway. At this point, I'm not sure if I had a transistor problem or perhaps a connection problem at the motor connector.

When putting the dryer together, I put the unit in factory test mode to check my motor repair. Then, before hitting Start, I flicked the blower fan with a screwdriver and noticed that the rpm indicator did indeed again read the motor turning. In other words, one can check if the motor speed signal is okay even if the dryer doesn't spin up the motor on its own.

What I am trying to say is that before swapping out the transistor or blower motor, reseat the motor connector to see if the control board can then read the motor speed signal first.

Hope this helps and thanks again!