Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admoc  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 5:34:09 AM(UTC)
admoc

Groups: Registered

Sporatic spotting on clothes that does not wash out. I can only assume that the spots are oil. I have checked the tub and found no residue. No dark stains inside washer however mutiple spots appear on clothing from time to time, not consistent. Any ideas??????
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

abbie  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 6:25:35 AM(UTC)
abbie

Groups: Senior Expert

ADMOC by any chance are you using liquid fabric softener, if so try not using it for a while and see what happens. if this washer is the older GE washer then it could be the transmission..
admoc  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 6:58:42 AM(UTC)
admoc

We do use liquid fabric softner in our Kenmore. We will try not using it for a few weeks and see if that corrects the problem. Thank you for your reply.
richappy  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 23, 2007 12:20:45 PM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Pull agitator out and check for oil on the spindle. Some slight oil is normal, but if a lot, you will need a new spindle seal, will have to pull tranny to replace and clean agitator inside.
If your ist 3 numbers of model # are 110, these comments apply, if not please post these numbers.
angry wife  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 13, 2011 5:45:51 PM(UTC)
angry wife

richappy, I read your reply regarding ADMOC's message. Are you referring to the drive tube seals?
Please tell me your advice on my issue:
I have a 1999 Kenmore Series 90 Super Capacity Plus washer (model # 110.26912691)(made by whirlpool). I am getting very intermittent round grease like spots on clothes. I've ruled out the fabric softener theory since mine is removed from the top of the agitator. I removed the complete agitator assembly and noticed grease on the shaft for the splines where the agitator bolts onto it. This I assumed is normal, but also noticed some grease on lower shaft, and on top of the spanner nut which I'm not sure about. If it helps, I also noticed that the white paint is rubbed off the wash basket where it appears that the agitator has been rubbing/sitting on the wash basket exposing the black primer. Any advice is advice is appreciated. I'd attach photo's but know how to on this blog. Jim - j.hoerth@tx.rr.com.
richappy  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 14, 2011 12:29:03 AM(UTC)
richappy

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I would pull the tranny, remove the drive block nut and the spin basket, pry off the spindle seal and replace it. Inspect the spin basket for a poor baked on enamel, although rather rare. You will need the special spanner wrench to remove the drive block nut.