Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Roggy  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 25, 2007 6:21:30 PM(UTC)
Roggy

Groups: Registered

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"][/FONT]
HELP!
I seems like ever since we've had our refridgerator we have been dealing with a problem with our Ice Maker. The Dispensing Chute continually frosts up and the ice gets jammed up and wont come out. Weekly we have to take the Cube Storage Container out and clean the bottom of it and then clean the Chute. We have replaced the Chute Door but that didn't help. Does anyone have a solution?!?!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

richappy  
#2 Posted : Friday, September 28, 2007 1:49:51 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Make sure the door flapper shuts all the way, if not, take dispenser panel off and look for warped plastic parts or a busted spring. Click on your model # for part removal info.
Roggy  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 3, 2007 2:50:48 PM(UTC)
Roggy

Thanks richappy,
But...I have had a new door installed. The spring is OK. I beleive the door flapper shuts all the way. Any other suggestions??? You say "click" on the model# for part removal info. WHERE's IT AT??? WHERE DO I CLICK???
I had another person tell me to use RTV around all the seams under the Ice Cube Storage Container. (The Container snaps on the door above the Chute) He said to take the section apart that the Container sits on but I can't figure out how to get it apart.
Still Frustrated!
Roggy
Roggy  
#4 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2007 5:53:12 PM(UTC)
Roggy

I'm Still Waiting For Someone To Help Me With This Problem. I Thought This Was A Help Forum!?!?
Roggy  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 10, 2007 2:22:03 PM(UTC)
Roggy

I'm Still Waiting For Someone To Help Me With This Problem. I Thought This Was A Help Forum!?!?
richappy  
#6 Posted : Thursday, October 11, 2007 12:49:42 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
WE are waiting for you to post a model #. Most fountain assembles have a removable shelf plate, just pulls out, screws are under the plate.
In my business, I guarantee my service work, did the other guy do this?
Roggy  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 2:57:55 PM(UTC)
Roggy

This is a Kenmore Elite.
Model# 106.52603100
As far as the Tech's Guarantee it was over a year ago.
I was so frustated with him I didn't want him to come back.
I tried smearing some RTV around the seams inside the chute area but that hasn't helped either.
Still FRUSTRATED!!!
Gene  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 7, 2007 3:41:19 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Roggy

The cause of such problem could be an insufficient temperature in the freezer (it suppose to be about 0 degrees), a bad door sealing or improper door closing.
Check all of them and post the result.

Gene.
gcorbett  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, December 12, 2007 7:14:19 AM(UTC)
gcorbett

If you are still waiting for help, My GE had the same problem. I removed the cover, over the dispensor door. Removed the 4 screws in the plate, behind the cover. solenoid is on the right side. Sprayed WD 40 on it. Sovled the problem.
botikiboy  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 9:38:48 AM(UTC)
botikiboy

My ice maker was constantly jamming (more times than not) ever since I bought a brand new Frigidaire side by side refrigerator. Eventually, the ice maker motor wore out from fighting the jammed ice. A repairman called me and hit a home run for what caused the ice jams - and he said that he sees this all of the time. The ice crescents (cubes) were too small so they would not eject properly - thus jamming between the raker bar and the plastic fingers. Solution: replace the self piercing saddle valve with a saddle valve that requires a 1/4" predrilled hole. This simply increased the water flow enough to properly fill the ice tray. The hole that the self piercing saddle valve made was so small - probably 1/32" - maybe I didn't pierce deep enough. Anyway, after replacing the motor and saddle valve, I have not had one single ice jam. The water dispenser has much faster flow too.
Also, while working on the ice maker, I discovered that there is a screw adjustment for increasing how much water fills the ice tray - by keeping the micro-switch open longer for the water valve. The adjustment screw is under the plastic cover on the front of the ice maker. This might give you big enough ice to prevent jams but it won't help your water dispenser flow.