Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
pwin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2011 8:52:33 PM(UTC)
pwin

Groups: Registered

The model I reported as having frost and jamming problems is actually a Kenmore Model #106-58285891. The problem repeats after cleaning the ice maker out. The shute ramp door closes well. Is collecting frost now on food near the shute. The ejector is jamming so badly that it makes the freezer door hard to open and shut. Half moon cubes seem normal sized and the container itself seems okay. Help.

I appreciate the above information from an earlier case and will study my situation further. If anyone has another idea, please send it my way. Thanks.
Gene  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 4:15:03 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm afraid I did not get clear which parts are you talking about.

There are three parts in the refrigerator involved in the ice cubes production and release process. They are: The ice maker, the ice dispenser and the ice container with ice crasher.

You can see the diagram after you'll click on the link.

Can you refer to the numbers on the appropriate diagram?

Gene.
pwin  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 2, 2011 6:21:12 PM(UTC)
pwin

Groups: Registered

Sorry, I'm new at this. The ice maker makes excellent ice and drops it into the container for temporary storage. The dispenser, which seems to be frosted becomes jammed within a couple days unless I take out the unit and defrost and clean it at the shute. I repeat, the rest of the unit is normal and working properly. Its just at the top of the shute where ice gets jammed, and the rest of the shute becomes frosted, so that in opening and closing the freezer door to manually get ice, one must be careful that the door shuts tightly again. The crusher is not turned on. The problem began about 3 weeks ago and has been consistently a problem. I've checked the freezer door seal and it is clean and in tact. The little external flap door does shut properly seating itself in perhaps 10 seconds. There are no other obstructions in the dispenser and shute but frost which is mostly at the mouth of the dispenser. It sounds like it is crushing or grinding the ice cubes, but after a cleaning it does make nice clean cubes, so I know the crusher is not enabled somehow.

Hope that helps. Please let me know if I can provide any more information. Thanks.

Peg
Gene  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 3, 2011 2:50:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Peg,

You may want to remove the dispenser cover (the instructions are attached) and check all moving parts inside.

Regarding the ice crusher: does the ice dispenser releases ice cubes or crushed ice?

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
Ice and water dispenser.doc (435kb) downloaded 35 time(s).