Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ArchArrow123  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 7:01:34 AM(UTC)
ArchArrow123

Groups: Registered

I'm hoping someone has the ultimate answer to the FC error code I'm receiving when powering up my oven. I've purchased most everything I can think of based on all the threads I have read. Issues started when my baking element wasn't working, the broiler element was fine. Purchased electronic oven control assembly (clock) AP4088560 since I had this part go out on me before. Did not fix the problem so I purchased the baking element which also didn't work. Checked the harness to make sure it was seated properly and then purchased relay board AP 4008573. The new board fixed the baking element issue but then a couple of weeks later started getting the FC error on heat up. After this happened a couple of times I checked out everything and noticed that the ribbon on the switch membrane appeared to be cracked, possibly causing the FC error. First I purchased the noise suppressor that was mentioned in a technical bulletin I read, but didn't make a difference. Purchased the membrane AP4088890 and waited over 4 months for the part to arrive. With much anticipation I installed it and still got the FC error. My wife started packing my bags. Ordered a new harness AP4089703 and didn't work then ordered the downdraft relay board AP4010046 and still the same problem. I'm running out of options. The only thing I can think of is that the relay board I purchased was just defective. What are your thoughts. HELP!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 8:45:55 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ArchArrow123 Go to Quoted Post
I'm hoping someone has the ultimate answer to the FC error code I'm receiving when powering up my oven. I've purchased most everything I can think of based on all the threads I have read. Issues started when my baking element wasn't working, the broiler element was fine. Purchased electronic oven control assembly (clock) AP4088560 since I had this part go out on me before. Did not fix the problem so I purchased the baking element which also didn't work. Checked the harness to make sure it was seated properly and then purchased relay board AP 4008573. The new board fixed the baking element issue but then a couple of weeks later started getting the FC error on heat up. After this happened a couple of times I checked out everything and noticed that the ribbon on the switch membrane appeared to be cracked, possibly causing the FC error. First I purchased the noise suppressor that was mentioned in a technical bulletin I read, but didn't make a difference. Purchased the membrane AP4088890 and waited over 4 months for the part to arrive. With much anticipation I installed it and still got the FC error. My wife started packing my bags. Ordered a new harness AP4089703 and didn't work then ordered the downdraft relay board AP4010046 and still the same problem. I'm running out of options. The only thing I can think of is that the relay board I purchased was just defective. What are your thoughts. HELP!

You could be correct, the replacement PRB could be the malfunction,(AP4008573/12001961).

First thing you really need to do is check and make sure you have a good ground and neutral at the outlet,and the line cord / terminal block of the unit.
(loose wires / connections cause EMI and several fail codes).

You have coverred everything except loose connections.

Were it me,
After checking the wiring, and loose connections.

I would order a new PRB (AP4008573), and another noise supressor(AP4008522),

I would also get some non residue contact cleaner and di electric grease.(Radio Shack, electrical supply dealer, some hardware stores have it as well).

Check and clean all the harnesses at the control with contact cleaner and coat pins and receptacles with grease and insure harnesses are in the receptacles, tight.

Install the new supressor on the J2 harness as close to the control as possible.

Do the same procedure at the relay board, and leave the existing noise suppressor on the J2 harness at the relay board.

Check all of your wires for tight fit on terminals on all components(especially the bake/broil elements).

Please, Let us know how things turn out.
:) :) :)
ArchArrow123  
#3 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 9:27:45 AM(UTC)
ArchArrow123

Thanks for your speedy reply Joe. I'll work on those connections. I actually replaced the power cord last week since I noticed bare wire where the cable penetrated the floor leading to my breaker box in the basement. It is hard wired. The power is all tight and snug, but I'll go through the cleaning you suggested along with a recheck of all other connections. Also, my new J2 cable came with a suppressor on one end (so it appears) so I'll try that cable and put the other suppressor I ordered a while back on the other end. THEN - I'll see about a another replacement relay board.
BTW, the new PRB did not have a pin connection for the J4? (I think thats the number) cable coming from the downdraft board. So, there is no connection from that cable between the downdraft board to the main PRB. I thought I had read somewhere that the mfr changed that so that the fan would run longer or at a lower temp that previous. Just wanted to throw that in to see if you had any comment regarding the PRB connection.
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 10:51:50 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Thanks for your speedy reply Joe. I'll work on those connections. I actually replaced the power cord last week since I noticed bare wire where the cable penetrated the floor leading to my breaker box in the basement. It is hard wired. The power is all tight and snug, but I'll go through the cleaning you suggested along with a recheck of all other connections. Also, my new J2 cable came with a suppressor on one end (so it appears) so I'll try that cable and put the other suppressor I ordered a while back on the other end. THEN - I'll see about a another replacement relay board.
BTW, the new PRB did not have a pin connection for the J4? (I think thats the number) cable coming from the downdraft board. So, there is no connection from that cable between the downdraft board to the main PRB. I thought I had read somewhere that the mfr changed that so that the fan would run longer or at a lower temp that previous. Just wanted to throw that in to see if you had any comment regarding the PRB connection.

It sounds like you've got everything under control and ready to go.

I forgot about the supressor, built into the J2 Harness, after all the harnesses I replaced , you'd think I would know it by heart.

Now, the J4 harness connection, I'm going to have our research team investigate.

I don't remeber if it was eliminated as a redundant system , or if it missing, was an indication of an improper production of the part.

Will get back to you as soon as I get the information.

:confused: :confused: :confused:
Mongold  
#5 Posted : Friday, August 20, 2010 6:22:38 PM(UTC)
Mongold

Hello, your story sound very similar to ours and I am ready to trash this range. We have replaced the same items you have listed and am still having problems. Have had a proffessional repairman come in 3 different times. Apparently he is out of ideas as well. In fact the last time he was here to work on it, he said he didn't know what else to do for it and he did not charge us for the call. Like yours, our Jenn air is about 10 years old, but we have been having trouble with it for at least 7 of those years. When we purchased our Jenn Air we thought we were buying a top of the line product. I will not be buying anymore Jenn Air products. Good Luck.

Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, August 24, 2010 11:00:00 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Originally Posted by: Joe / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
It sounds like you've got everything under control and ready to go.

I forgot about the supressor, built into the J2 Harness, after all the harnesses I replaced , you'd think I would know it by heart.

Now, the J4 harness connection, I'm going to have our research team investigate.

I don't remeber if it was eliminated as a redundant system , or if it missing, was an indication of an improper production of the part.

Will get back to you as soon as I get the information.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

ArchArrow,

Could you please get me the serial number off of your range, the parts research crew insists we need a serial number to perform their research.
ArchArrow123  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 10:22:47 AM(UTC)
ArchArrow123

ArchArrow,

Could you please get me the serial number off of your range, the parts research crew insists we need a serial number to perform their research.

Yep, sorry about the delay. The Serial number is 12243560QY
Joe / APP Team  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:03:19 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Yep, sorry about the delay. The Serial number is 12243560QY

ArchArrow,

Thanks for the serial number.

I will forward it over to the Research Team, I know they'll appreciate it.

I did discuss this situation with some other technicians, none of us could remember what the missing J4 connector meant.

But we were able to determine, in your case that you have got to have a J4 connector in order to operate your downdraft fan from the control panel.

We can only guess that you have the wrong part in the correct box .

Part number: AP4008573

Based on the information available, you'll need to get that part ready to ship back to your parts source.

I hope you purchased it from AppliancePartsPros.com .

If so, you could contact our Parts Order Department at 1-(877)-477-7278

And they will be happy to help you.

Good Luck,
ArchArrow123  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:20:11 AM(UTC)
ArchArrow123

ArchArrow,

Thanks for the serial number.

I will forward it over to the Research Team, I know they'll appreciate it.

I did discuss this situation with some other technicians, none of us could remember what the missing J4 connector meant.

But we were able to determine, in your case that you have got to have a J4 connector in order to operate your downdraft fan from the control panel.

We can only guess that you have the wrong part in the correct box .

Based on the information available, you'll need to get that part ready to ship back to your parts source.

I hope you purchased it from AppliancePartsPros.com .

If so, you could contact our Parts Order Department at 1-(877)-477-7278

And they will be happy to help you.

Good Luck,

Yes, I already contacted the parts order department at APP earlier today and they were very kind and will be shipping another relay board to me today. When I first started this repair a while back I ordered the clock unit (yet another attempted fix) from another company and they were not willing to take the return. I guess you will see that part on ******** soon! I've been very happy with the service APP has provided.
Joe / APP Team  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 11:36:48 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Yes, I already contacted the parts order department at APP earlier today and they were very kind and will be shipping another relay board to me today. When I first started this repair a while back I ordered the clock unit (yet another attempted fix) from another company and they were not willing to take the return. I guess you will see that part on ******** soon! I've been very happy with the service APP has provided.

Great,

Glad to hear we've got the situation under control.

And that you're happy with the service we provide.

When you recieve the new part, check and make sure the J4 connector is there, on the new board.

As of yet, I don't see a need for a new clock,yet. That's a F- code, or no display or something similar to that.
(just kidding).

I'm thinking you'll be fine, once we get the correct relay board in the unit.

Good Luck,