Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

10 Pages«<45678>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HondaJim  
#51 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 1:57:20 PM(UTC)
HondaJim

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Yes Jim. It's very similar.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Broiler and oven burner replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL KGST307HBL4 | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.

Thanks Gen, This will be helpful
Gene  
#52 Posted : Thursday, June 10, 2010 5:33:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
You are welcome Jim. Keep us posted.

Gene.
halah  
#53 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 7:03:34 PM(UTC)
halah

Thank you so much for this thread. I've been all over the internet trying to figure out how to replace the igniter on my GE Spectra Range. I couldn't find anything that told me how to actually take the old igniter off until I found this thread.

I did have to make a trip to Home Depot to get new connectors and was talked into buying a stripping/crimping tool for $11, but now I having a working oven for the cost of parts and a tool. Yay!

Thank you so much for helping this silly girl feel like she can fix stuff in her condo.
Gene  
#54 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:10:17 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: halah Go to Quoted Post
Thank you so much for this thread. I've been all over the internet trying to figure out how to replace the igniter on my GE Spectra Range. I couldn't find anything that told me how to actually take the old igniter off until I found this thread.

I did have to make a trip to Home Depot to get new connectors and was talked into buying a stripping/crimping tool for $11, but now I having a working oven for the cost of parts and a tool. Yay!

Thank you so much for helping this silly girl feel like she can fix stuff in her condo.

You are welcome. I'm glad to see you happy!

Gene.
anotherITgiy  
#55 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:33:29 PM(UTC)
anotherITgiy

Hi. I have a GE Spectra XL44 model number JGB920BEC4BB. I originally though that my bake igniter had bit the dust because my oven takes about 35-45 min to preheat to 350/375. In trying to diagnose the issue I removed the bottom cover of the oven to expose the igniter and burner. I then preheated the oven to 400 and it reached the target temp in about 10 min. I then replace the bottom cover and again tried to preheat to 400 and it took over 45 min. Could the bottom cover be affecting the igniter/burner in some way? I also noticed that without the cover on the burner fired up in about 30 sec. With it back on it took over 2 min. Coincidence or could it be related in some way? I'm ready to buy a new igniter to see if that fixes it. What do you guys think?

Thanks for the help guys.
Gene  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, September 22, 2010 6:45:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Before ordering the igniter I would inspect the burner for and clogged or burned through holes. If there any, order the burner. It comes with the igniter.

- The oven igniter Part number: AP2020569
anotherITgiy  
#57 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 7:09:27 AM(UTC)
anotherITgiy

The burner holes don't appear to be clogged and I don't see any visible holes elsewhere along the burner tube. Last night, while observing the burner without the bottom cover on I did noticed that the flame was even along the entire length of the burner, on both sides. I did not see any areas that were not lit, though I did notice that the flame started out fairly large and then after a few moments (maybe 30 sec after it lit) decreased in size for the remainder of the preheating. Do you think a new igniter would be the next logical step?
Gene  
#58 Posted : Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:17:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: anotherITgiy Go to Quoted Post
The burner holes don't appear to be clogged and I don't see any visible holes elsewhere along the burner tube. Last night, while observing the burner without the bottom cover on I did noticed that the flame was even along the entire length of the burner, on both sides. I did not see any areas that were not lit, though I did notice that the flame started out fairly large and then after a few moments (maybe 30 sec after it lit) decreased in size for the remainder of the preheating. Do you think a new igniter would be the next logical step?

There are a few venting holes in the oven floor. Try to check the flame looking through those holes, without removing the oven floor. Post the results.

Gene.
ccroy  
#59 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 11:30:37 AM(UTC)
ccroy

Hi,

I have a Hotpoint model RGB628GEJ1AD range. I received the ignitor, but no wire nuts. Should they have been included? Secondly I removed 4 screws, 2 on the ignitor and 2 on the back wall of the ove and the ignitor is now loose. However I have hardly any slack in the wires. Do I need to pull the range out from the wall? I assume if I do I need to disconnect the gas line? Lastly are ceramic wire nuts something a local hardware store might stock?

Thanks,
Chris
Originally Posted by: Admin / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Correct

Yes, the wire nuts included are hi-temp resistant ceramic wire nuts.
ccroy  
#60 Posted : Friday, January 14, 2011 8:22:19 PM(UTC)
ccroy

Not only was my ignitor bad, I had pinched wire that was shorting to the chassis just above the door near the burner controls.

Thanks for the part, but I am a little disapointed no one responded to my above post and I had to go to a local applicance store for the ceramic wire nuts. The counter guy said the ignitor should ship with them, so this looks like an oversight from the supplier or Appliance Parts Pros.

Anyway, all is well now.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply