Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<34567>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jniggli  
#41 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2010 2:00:15 PM(UTC)
jniggli

Groups: Registered

Ahhhh Success!
Hey Bartman thanks for posting back. I was away from the PC for a while.
I bought the KSA733YBU so I think I should be good to go with my spare. The specs match exactly to you KSA733CYTA with the exception of mine being lead free and bulk package instead of in a ammo belt line and in transition as far a lead goes. If I'm putting together a component order though I might grab up some just to have on hand!
I'm glad we have a strong post here for the do it youselfers out there!
diverse_guy  
#42 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2010 6:30:34 PM(UTC)
diverse_guy

I'm having the same problem:( did the diagnostics and it's saying inlet thermasensor(sp) too as well as blower motor. Anyone have an aprox cost on buying the blower motor? or if I should just replace dryer?
BARTMAN  
#43 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2010 7:20:15 AM(UTC)
BARTMAN

Originally Posted by: diverse_guy Go to Quoted Post
I'm having the same problem:( did the diagnostics and it's saying inlet thermasensor(sp) too as well as blower motor. Anyone have an aprox cost on buying the blower motor? or if I should just replace dryer?

If your handy read previuos posts and replace transitor save yourself $130 before replacing motor. to answer your querstions when you run diagnostics and blower motor is failing it will cause additional errors to appear. I had three problems on diagnostics read out and replacet the transistor in the blower motor for 0.05 cents and dryer work like new. Ran both diagnostic screens and no errors.
jniggli  
#44 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2010 8:08:28 AM(UTC)
jniggli

The blower motor is a common failure with the GE Harmony dryers. My transistor failed too and I would think this is also very common. It is a cheap part to try if you have the time and ability. Otherwise $130 will buy you a new motor.
davetv1  
#45 Posted : Tuesday, May 18, 2010 5:22:32 PM(UTC)
davetv1

Originally Posted by: jniggli Go to Quoted Post
Ahhhh Success!
Hey Bartman thanks for posting back. I was away from the PC for a while.
I bought the KSA733YBU so I think I should be good to go with my spare. The specs match exactly to you KSA733CYTA with the exception of mine being lead free and bulk package instead of in a ammo belt line and in transition as far a lead goes. If I'm putting together a component order though I might grab up some just to have on hand!
I'm glad we have a strong post here for the do it youselfers out there!

I fortunately bought both. The green option KSA733YBU did not work for me, the KSA733CYTA did. Problem fixed. Dunno why the former didn't work. It only cost me a couple hours and a lot of dashed hope, but when I last-ditch went with the latter it worked.

Thanks all. You saved me a small fortune.
BARTMAN  
#46 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 8:05:52 AM(UTC)
BARTMAN

Originally Posted by: davetv1 Go to Quoted Post
I fortunately bought both. The green option KSA733YBU did not work for me, the KSA733CYTA did. Problem fixed. Dunno why the former didn't work. It only cost me a couple hours and a lot of dashed hope, but when I last-ditch went with the latter it worked.

Thanks all. You saved me a small fortune.

Glad we could help. As I previously posted the KSA733YBU did not work in my motor either. anyone that is going to replace transistor make sure to get the KSA733CYTA from mouser.

Sorry to hear that it took you so long. It took me less than a half hour to get it fixed and assembled. if anyone needs help with assembly or disassembly let me know.
jniggli  
#47 Posted : Wednesday, May 19, 2010 2:05:05 PM(UTC)
jniggli

Agreed:

KSA733CYTA is the successful choice.
Now all we need are a bunch of posts telling us of SUCCESS stories :)
APPNewbie  
#48 Posted : Monday, September 6, 2010 11:44:09 AM(UTC)
APPNewbie

Originally Posted by: jniggli Go to Quoted Post
Benjen,
What I think they mean by heat related is that the blower motor itself is shutting down, possibly when thermal protection kicks in. I think the blower motor is bad, it does run but after a short while gets hot and shuts off. Sometimes it cools off and restarts, other times it requires a longer rest before it will run for a while again.
I'm changing out mine soon, so if you want to wait to see if it fixes mine, be my guest. I will be sure to post either way because I think there are plenty of people out there experiencing the same issue.

I am having a similiar problem, however, not only does my blower not work, but I am not getting any heat as well. I ran the test as directed in the thread by Gene. All are in tolerance but no reading on blower RPM or Heating. :(
gewill  
#49 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 6:11:50 AM(UTC)
gewill

I went ahead and replaced the motor about 4 months ago and have had no problems since. I did not want to take the dryer apart and reinstall with new transistor and not have the problem fixed as the removal, tear down, rebuild and reinstall was a lot of work. I was greatful for the thread that had the disassambly and reassembly instructions as the disassembly is unique for this dryer.
APPNewbie  
#50 Posted : Tuesday, September 7, 2010 3:09:08 PM(UTC)
APPNewbie

Disassembly is work but not crazy. I would like to know if anybody has had the problem that I mentioned earlier where I do not get heat or blower. Any help would be appreciated. :)