Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

7 Pages<1234>»
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Craig540  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 9:15:40 AM(UTC)
Craig540

Groups: Registered

I looked at the fan in back and it was stopped, I touched the fan and it started. Do you think it is just the fan going bad or the board.
richappy  
#12 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 11:02:20 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
These are low starting torq motors that will stall if the bearings or magnets fail, just trplace it and hope that is the only problem.
amy@muramatsu.com  
#13 Posted : Monday, May 3, 2010 1:00:07 PM(UTC)
amy@muramatsu.com

We had exactly the same symptoms, problem was solved by replacing the evaporator motor ($158 including labor), and the computer seemed to re-set itself when the MAX COOL button was pushed. Had to wait a couple of days to make sure, but everything seems to be working fine now.
coxwain  
#14 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 6:56:26 AM(UTC)
coxwain

I too am having a very hot door frame. I have kitchenaid KSSC48QMS01

I read this forum and others and it seems the control board is the recommened replacement

I have cleaned the coils with a vacum.

Also, my fan for the coils? is that the condensor fan wasn't spinning so I thought that might be the problem. I put a multi meter on it and there was not power.

I then went into the service menu in the control panel, press and hold reset then press and hold the power button for 4 seconds

My menu displays the follow
1 - 1
2 - 1
3 - 2 then 2 changes to 1 after 3 secs.
4 - 1
5 - 2 This will stay here for a while but i find if i leave it here then eventually the fan comes back on. Is this the control board?

Its seems by runing the service menue I can get the fan to come back on.

Any other thoughts and how hard is it to replace the control panel?
The control panel part i think is 2302913 replaced with 2320696, where is a good cheap place to get these that ship to canada?

thanks
coxwain  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, June 2, 2010 7:57:20 PM(UTC)
coxwain

I orderded the control board And will get it tomorrow
I'll let you know how it works
efalco  
#16 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 12:43:30 PM(UTC)
efalco

Originally Posted by: coxwain Go to Quoted Post
I orderded the control board And will get it tomorrow
I'll let you know how it works

Ours is a 2001 unit.

The hot door seemed the only problem at first. Freezer and fridge cooled, but the fridge was not chilling the water much at the dispenser. After I read the posts, I cleaned out the coils from the front and the back. I opened the cheesy cardboard access in back to vacuum there and found the fan was not running; the compressor was very hot. I touched a fan blade and it started. I closed it all up and the door cooled off. It started heating up again and I was able to see from the front that the fan was not running. I reached in with a stick from the front, lightly touched a fan blade and it started. I repeated this twice so far. The door cools off and water is chilled, but it'll obviously keep happening. As the fan must be getting a signal to run but is unable to do so, I'll try replacing it first. We may have to replace the control board and the compressor if this doesn't do it; I look forward to hearing your result after replacing the board. Could you tell us whether it's a reasonable DIY? Thanks!
coxwain  
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 6:11:54 PM(UTC)
coxwain

i suggest you put a volt meter on the fan before replacing it. just make sure the fan is getting 120volts and not spinning. if it is getting the 120v and not spinning its the fan. otherwise if no power then from what I have read it is the fan control board.

unfortunatly I got the display control board not the fan board so have reordered the part and hope to get it next week.
coxwain  
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 5, 2010 9:18:20 PM(UTC)
coxwain

another update, since I dont have anything else to do....;-)
I decided i would attempt to get at the control board as it didnt look like it would be easy to take out
i tried to take out the housing unit of the control board like some guy did in this photo
IMG_5048.JPG (image)
IMG_5048.JPG (image)
but I couldnt get a back screw out, so i had to take my whole built in fridge out from the wall, simple yes, quick ...NO. but after releasing tension on leveling feet and undooing more fastening screews i got it out.

then I had to remove the entire housing to the condensore unit

approx 6 screws or so. now i can see the control board

i had already turned the power off so i would just check all connections so I remved all conections in the control board and reattached them, likewise i did that with all cables on the top since I had the thing out.

not i put things back in loose because I am expecting the new control board in the next 6 days.

put it back together loosley as well put front level feet down so it wouldnt tilt forward as I cant put wall attachment screes in till I raise it back to where it was.
added all trim and turned on the unit.
As soon as I did the fan started up. so lets see how long this lasts
i am pretty certain the control board is still a problem because of the intermitant nature of the condensor fan failure. but we will see. I cant leave my fridge like this for too long, however I am taking best as to see how long my wife notices the top of the fridge is not attached to the cabinet ?
efalco  
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 6, 2010 10:16:19 AM(UTC)
efalco

Thanks for the updates. I already ordered the fan kit. I'll make sure to measure the voltage as I get ready to tackle the old fan. But, it does run for some time so I don't think lack of power is the problem. Stay tuned...
coxwain  
#20 Posted : Monday, June 7, 2010 5:25:01 PM(UTC)
coxwain

after that restart it eventually stopped working.

I have the right controller board on order so hope to get it this week.

The multi metre will give you a 100% reading if its right. One thing you want to make sure is that there is power which it sounds like there is.