Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Vincent  
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 4, 2008 7:26:20 AM(UTC)
Vincent

Groups: Registered

Thanks for the advice.
I opened the box with the limit switches and determined that the rotating cam arm was not triggering the lower limit switch due to alignment, as you sugested. I enlarged the mounting hole for the switch just enough to move the switch about 1mm closer to the cam and voila, it shuts off. Now, to reassemble the whole mechanism. I am waiting for a new keypad in the mail, and will try it with the old contact board before ordering a new contact board.
Thanks again.
pete98367  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 25, 2008 5:10:42 PM(UTC)
pete98367

Seems I have a similar problem to Vincent's last May. My vent just started to slow down by first not going up or down, then the blower wouldn't run at the low speed and finally it died. I see an overheated diode on the controller board as well as a resistor the looked like it got hot. Not sure if those are the causes of the low blower not running. The vent elevation motor is overheating when I tried to get it to go up. So now it's up to stay!

From the sounds of things we're looking at perhaps $200-300 minimum, so I was wondering 1) where can I get some parts in the Pacific NW (haven't seen squat on the net) or 2) what about a total replacement?
Gene  
#13 Posted : Thursday, November 27, 2008 6:09:53 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I believe you can order parts from Appliance Parts Pros. Call the customer service to confirm it. Moneywise you have to search the market and compare prices. Also your decision should be based on the age and condition of the unit.

If you would prefer to fix the old unit then you have to perform troubleshooting as described earlier and post the results for a further advises.

Gene.
ccc40n  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2009 8:18:03 PM(UTC)
ccc40n

Hi Gene,

How do I open up the keypad assembly to inspect/clean the touch pad and contact board as described in your earlier post? Thank you so much!

--cc
Brain  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 11:42:42 AM(UTC)
Brain

bought new main CBd for downdraft vent based on erratic behavior up down off on like a ghost. my unit is 1998. only board i could buy was later bersion but Dacor in Calif said CB was "backwards compatible" but parts place nor Dacor would provide any diagram to show how to swap it out. i am electrically inclined and can follow schematics IF i could get one or a service bulletin. everyone says i must pay for a tech to come do it $185.
anyone out there have a solution?
my wife went thru xmas cooking unhappy with me ha
Gene  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:39:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Brain,

What is the part number of the board you received?

Do you have the original electrical schematic or the wiring diagram?

Gene.
Brain  
#17 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:54:47 PM(UTC)
Brain

i have part at home in orig bag with number on it. there was zero info in the part bag from the firm Fox Appliances in Atlanta. they said call a repairman. there are schematics glued to the vent itself under the kirchen cabinet that i can see or photograph with an iphone. will be a few hours before i can retrieve the above and get back but thanks for quick reply. frustrating that Dacor itself refused to share info they too said an authorized repairman has im their hands. any other info needed to get best help? tx
Brain  
#18 Posted : Thursday, December 27, 2012 5:39:10 PM(UTC)
Brain

part number on bag says Dacor 700991 Control Boaed assembly Service RV30/36/46.
Gene  
#19 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 11:09:19 AM(UTC)
Gene

Hi Brain,

This new, upgraded board does not look the same but it should have the same connections. What exactly is so confusing with it?

I found and attached the wiring diagram for this model number. It might help you too.

Gene.
File Attachment(s):
RV_Wiring Diagram.pdf (69kb) downloaded 64 time(s).
Brain  
#20 Posted : Friday, December 28, 2012 11:53:18 AM(UTC)
Brain

Thanks Gene.
i have not tried to connect it up and only sought connectivity advice and diagrams based on the "warnings" from the mftr help line, the parts firm and an authoized svceman ALL of which said it required special hookup of the wiring but none of the 3 parties would say why or provide a schematic
or service bulletin to cover this "Mysterious secret connection info" hence my seeking your detailed advice. my fear was cooking the $173 CB because of some hook error or wire color swap required. so that my friend is the source of the percieved "confusion". if the swap out is simple then i am over worrying.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply