Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsanford11  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 6, 2009 11:42:30 AM(UTC)
dsanford11

Groups: Registered

First time poster here, so thanks in advance for any wisdom you can share that will point me in the right direction. This fridge just quit while I was at work one day. Came home and there was a considerable amount of water on the floor. Thinking it was the defrost terminator again, I picked one up and replaced it. No help. So I checked further. Compressor not running at all, but condensor fan running fine. I had a spare defrost timer and installed it, no help still. There is power to the overload relay on the compressor, but nothing at the PTC relay. Not knowing exactly how to check, I replaced the PTC, no help still. I by-passed the cold control also,and checked continuity on the ground circuit.Still nothing. There is good voltage to the evaporator motor, but it doesn't run. I threw a new one in just in case. Still power there but won't run. I checked the defrost element and the door switches. They all checked out fine. What am I missing here? Does power go into the compressor thru the overload and out to the PTC relay? That would explain a no power situation and point to a bad compressor. If it is vice versa, there has to be somewhere I am not looking. How would I check the compressor at the 3 exterior contact points to see if it is truly bad? Thanks, JR.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.