Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bradford  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:36:01 PM(UTC)
bradford

Groups: Registered

My heat pump is 2 years old. When the compressor tries to come on, it just grinds for a few seconds. Then it stops for a bit. Then tries again. Then stops. Then tries again. Etc. When it tries, the lits dim in the house a bit. The contactors are good. The capacitor APPEARS to be good. Sometimes the compressor will come on after a few tries. Sometimes it may be a few hours. Sometimes it never does come on. I know this should be under warranty, but getting someone out to fix it under warranty has proven difficult. Are there any steps anyone would recommend that I could try to troubleshooting it myself? I have read on the Web where the board in this model is actually a recall, but would that cause stuff like this? Any help that anyone could offer would be so greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.