Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
chevere6  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 11:15:56 AM(UTC)
chevere6

Groups: Registered

I am getting a F23 error when trying to use my oven
Please help, what does that mean?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 8:31:09 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.
chevere6  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 27, 2010 5:41:40 PM(UTC)
chevere6

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
What is the complete model number of the oven?

Gene.

overn Electrolux Icon
Model E30EW75ESS2
Gene  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 3:09:20 PM(UTC)
Gene

Sorry for the delay.

According to the Tech sheet, "F23" error code means "Communication problem with the TST board". Suggested correction is to replace the glass (control) panel. If it would not help, then the controller has to be replaced as well. Not very good advice but it came from the manufacturer and there is no way to test those parts instrumentally in a home environment.

- The control panel Part number: AP3867499
denman  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 6:25:56 PM(UTC)
denman

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Here is the wiring diagram
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/prodinfo_pdf/Lassomption/318046223.pdf

Here is a manual I do not know if it specifically covers your unit but it may be close. Note it does take a while to download.
http://frigidaireservicetips.com/pdfs/481_18.pdf

A bit of a long shot but you may want to try the following before ordering parts
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.
THIS FORUM IS DEAD!!!!!!!
chevere6  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 11:11:56 AM(UTC)
chevere6

THANK you so much for your help, we will try that.

Originally Posted by: denman Go to Quoted Post
Here is the wiring diagram
http://manuals.frigidaire.com/p...assomption/318046223.pdf

Here is a manual I do not know if it specifically covers your unit but it may be close. Note it does take a while to download.
http://frigidaireservicetips.com/pdfs/481_18.pdf

A bit of a long shot but you may want to try the following before ordering parts
Connector Cleaning / Checking
Unplug the unit
Open it up
Remove the ribbon cable from the keypad to the control board at the control board.
Clean the edge connector.
If it is the type where there is not a connector just the insulation is removed, it can be cleaned with a pencil eraser. Do not use an ink eraser as it is too abrasive.
Check the tracks in the ribbon cable for hairline cracks. A magnifying glass helps here.
Would not hurt to clean the connector on the board. Use electronics contact cleaner or isopropyl alcohol and a tooth brush. Be gentle and do not reconnect till all the solvent evaporates.
Reconnect everything and give it a try.
Gene  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 3, 2010 1:49:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Sorry for the delay.

According to the Tech sheet, "F23" error code means "Communication problem with the TST board". Suggested correction is to replace the glass (control) panel. If it would not help, then the controller has to be replaced as well. Not very good advice but it came from the manufacturer and there is no way to test those parts instrumentally in a home environment.

- The control panel Part number: AP3867499

Updated information.

I found today that the control panel comes together with the controller as one piece, so the correction is just to replace the control panel assembly.

Gene.
cadave  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 9, 2017 3:49:36 PM(UTC)
cadave

Resurrecting this thread, I just had the same "F23 ERR" message on the oven. Turning the power off for 10 minutes reset it.
Gwoof  
#9 Posted : Friday, August 25, 2017 2:26:16 PM(UTC)
Gwoof

I, too am having this problem. I have an Electrolux double oven (Model EI30EW45JS3) That is 3 years old. I'm getting an F23 error code on my upper oven. Some aspects of the upper oven still work: (non-convenction) broil, "keep warm" and slow cook and the cleaning modes work. All functions of the Lower oven works fine. Also the lights don't come on. I have replaced the glass touch panel (part #318280445), the controller (part #316576655) AND the oven relay board (part # 316443950) which has not resolved the problem. I have triple checked all the connections and all wires aand linkages appear to be in good condition. What am I missing? This is very frustrating … if anyone can offer any suggestions I would be grateful. Thanks ks

--Greg
Gene  
#10 Posted : Sunday, August 27, 2017 7:51:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Greg

Very often manufacturers don't think about people who will fix their products. This situation is very similar.

This "F23" error code means that controller (EOC) failed to communicate with the oven lights control board. Pretty clear? The only thing they forgot is to mention exact location of this control board. It's not shown on part diagrams and not listed in parts list!
Guess what? I spend more than an hour to find that it is a part of the oven main harness!

So the main wire harness Part number: AP5618525
Part number: AP5618525

Please let us know how you repair will go.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply