Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdjtorkelson  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2010 9:30:56 AM(UTC)
tdjtorkelson

Groups: Registered

Hi, Over the last few months our electric range will at random times beep and the "Bake" indicator on the display panel will start to flash. Pressing the "Cancel" button will clear this. Last weekend we did a self-clean for about two hours and ever since then we can't get the oven to bake. We can press the "Bake" or "Convect" button and set the temperature, but the temperature display will start increasing immediately and within 30 seconds the oven will beep and show that it has reached the temperature we set, but the oven will still be cold? I was able to get the broiler to work but last night it seemed that the broiler element would only stay on for a few minutes but the display showed everything to be working? After using the broiler for about 10 minutes the display would only work when we pushed the "Clock" and "Clean" buttons. I have a feeling the control panel needs to be replaced but could the lower element or temperature sensor also need replacing? The bottom element is fully covered by the bottom panel of the oven and the oven is much cleaner since we used the self-cleaning so I think the bottom element should be fine. Any suggestions on how to check the sensor or element to see if they need replacing? Thank you for your help. Tom
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.