Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jay brian  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 9:44:34 AM(UTC)
jay brian

Groups: Registered

purchased replacement for lower rack original #99002199 only has 6 wheels old one 8 does not work not even close mfr said this is redesigned part for jdb6510awp cannot find orig. part toss $600 unit or what?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2010 6:08:26 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Yes, Maytag has redesigned the lower dish rack and changed the part number from 99002199 to W10139223. Since Maytag did it, nobody stocks the old part. The new part should fit your dishwasher and work properly.

Gene.
jay brian  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 7:15:28 AM(UTC)
jay brian

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Yes, Maytag has redesigned the lower dish rack and changed the part number from 99002199 to W10139223. Since Maytag did it, nobody stocks the old part. The new part should fit your dishwasher and work properly.

Gene.

i can see how it is supposed to work ,small runner to relace 4th set of wheels,but it does not hold rack up long enough for wheels to reach track inside unit so rack falls onto spray arm.after several calls to maytag i was told they knew of the problem and were working to resolve.
Gene  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 4:36:25 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: jay brian Go to Quoted Post
i can see how it is supposed to work ,small runner to relace 4th set of wheels,but it does not hold rack up long enough for wheels to reach track inside unit so rack falls onto spray arm.after several calls to maytag i was told they knew of the problem and were working to resolve.

Brian,

It is unbelievable. Why they keep selling this part if they know it would not work? Earlier today one guy wrote on the forum that appliance manufacturers should treat their customers as Toyota does. I wish!

Gene.
jay brian  
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 5:12:49 PM(UTC)
jay brian

Originally Posted by: Gene Go to Quoted Post
Brian,

It is unbelievable. Why they keep selling this part if they know it would not work? Earlier today one guy wrote on the forum that appliance manufacturers should treat their customers as Toyota does. I wish!

Gene.

after days of searching i found an original in nevada and is on its way yeah i wish
Gene  
#6 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 6:53:37 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are very lucky if you'll get it.

Gene.
friscoskeeter  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 2:55:29 PM(UTC)
friscoskeeter

Hi,

I was wondering if you ever got the issue with your dishwasher rack resolved. I am having the same problem with mine. It has 6 wheels instead of 8 and falls onto the wash arm and I can't get ANYBODY to help me with this. Thanks!

Amy