Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ppeek  
#31 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 12:52:03 PM(UTC)
ppeek

Groups: Registered

Got part for drain problem and got that part solved. Still having trouble with heating part. Heating element tested at 10.8 ohms. Hi limit .01. Could water temp from source cause this problem we changed from gas water heater to Electric and that is when the problem started. We have been having problems with not enough hot water. I checked the thermostat and it is set at 115 degrees.
Gene  
#32 Posted : Friday, November 2, 2012 4:23:41 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ppeek Go to Quoted Post
...Could water temp from source cause this problem we changed from gas water heater to Electric and that is when the problem started. We have been having problems with not enough hot water...

It is very possible. Incoming water temperature per instructions from any dishwashers manufacturers should be about 120°F.

Gene.
sarigal  
#33 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 11:15:51 AM(UTC)
sarigal

Hi saw this thread and tried to do the reset, it worked but when I go to run the washer regularly the blinking starts again. I am not a technical person, is there something else I can do to try to get this working???
Gene  
#34 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:02:01 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: sarigal Go to Quoted Post
Hi saw this thread and tried to do the reset, it worked but when I go to run the washer regularly the blinking starts again. I am not a technical person, is there something else I can do to try to get this working???

What is the complete model number of the dishwasher?

Gene.
sarigal  
#35 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:04:35 PM(UTC)
sarigal

Hi Gene, the model number is...

GU2800XTVS0
Gene  
#36 Posted : Tuesday, February 19, 2013 2:14:14 PM(UTC)
Gene

There are three parts in the heating circuit. They are: the heater, the hi-limit thermostat (under the dishwasher) and the control board.

Check the heater and the hi-limit thermostat for continuity. If any of them is open, it has to be replaced.

If there is nothing wrong, replace the control board.

- The heater Part number: W10134009
Part number: W10134009

- The hi-limit thermostat Part number: 661566
Part number: 661566

- The control board Part number: W10285178
Gene  
#37 Posted : Wednesday, March 27, 2013 8:37:59 PM(UTC)
Gene

Hi,

Yes, you do need to check the heating element and the hi-limit thermostat for continuity.

You have to remove the wires from the tested part terminals prior to the test.

The part numbers for the heater and the hi-limit thermostat are the same as posted in the previous post.

- The control board Part number: 8564547
Wifey823  
#38 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 5:43:45 AM(UTC)
Wifey823

Hi. Renting a house with a whirlpool silent partner ii. Model number is du1148xtpba. Did the reset but not working. The pots&pans and normal lights are blinking back and forth. It's been doing that for about two weeks. Can anybody help me? I unplugged it for about five minutes and plugged it back but It's doing the same thing.
taramac915  
#39 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 5:33:55 AM(UTC)
taramac915

so a few weeks ago our whirlpool QP2 decided it wasn't going to start any new cycles. it had run a complete wash cycle then when we unloaded and reloaded as usual it wouldn't start when we pushed any of the cycle buttons. the only button that would respond was the cancel/drain, so we pushed that and it ran a couple minutes draining the air from the dishwasher and we were then able to start a new wash cycle.
fast forward a couple weeks and it does it again only this time even after the cancel/drain cycle is finished it won't start any cycles at all. we shut the power off to the dishwasher then turned it back on and at first the lights over the cycle buttons were very dimly lit then we hit cancel/drain button and it attempted to run its cycle so husband shut power off gain and when turned back on the light over the normal cycle button just keeps flashing.
is there some sort of button code to reset it or are we due for a new control panel or a whole new dishwasher??
taramac915  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, December 3, 2014 5:33:55 AM(UTC)
taramac915

so a few weeks ago our whirlpool QP2 decided it wasn't going to start any new cycles. it had run a complete wash cycle then when we unloaded and reloaded as usual it wouldn't start when we pushed any of the cycle buttons. the only button that would respond was the cancel/drain, so we pushed that and it ran a couple minutes draining the air from the dishwasher and we were then able to start a new wash cycle.
fast forward a couple weeks and it does it again only this time even after the cancel/drain cycle is finished it won't start any cycles at all. we shut the power off to the dishwasher then turned it back on and at first the lights over the cycle buttons were very dimly lit then we hit cancel/drain button and it attempted to run its cycle so husband shut power off gain and when turned back on the light over the normal cycle button just keeps flashing.
is there some sort of button code to reset it or are we due for a new control panel or a whole new dishwasher??
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply