Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages<1234>»
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Gene  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 26, 2011 1:49:45 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Steve,

Most likely the problem is a bad key pad which is a part of the control panel. If you need the correct part number, post the color of the control panel.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for WHIRLPOOL DU1100XTPBA UNDERCOUNTER DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
shespelt  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:25:26 AM(UTC)
shespelt

Groups: Registered

Hi Gene,
Thanks for the quick reply - my reply has been delayed due to technical issues in my router...
So you think the panel pad (part AP3774267) is bad even though the buttons work (ie. when the unit resets itself, all the lights go off & I can then run for a complete cycle). Sometime later the rapidly blinking lights start up - sometimes just the Normal led blinking rapidly, other times both the Normal & Light cycles leds going in an alternate pattern. Based on the assumption these light patterns mean something, I would (as an amateur) have suspected the actual control board (part AP4309110) is indicating a fault of some kind.
As neither is cheap, is there a way to check any pins for signals - specific voltages/amps that indicate the status? Or signals out of range indicating the unit under test is faulty?
Again, many thanks for the insights.
-Steve
Gene  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 29, 2011 1:31:30 PM(UTC)
Gene

Steve,

To determine exactly what is wrong do the following:

1. Unplug dishwasher or disconnect power.
2. Open the dishwasher door.
3. Open console and disconnect the keypad ribbon connection from the control (at P1). Make sure all other connections are made.
4. Put console back together. Do not close the dishwasher door.
5. Plug in dishwasher or reconnect power.
6. Wait 5 seconds.
7. Close dishwasher door.
8. Monitor the control&#8217;s response:

If the control is OK (no longer sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), it will respond by turning on a drain motor for 2 minutes. Replace the keypad if the control responds OK.

If the control is not OK (still sees shorts with the keypad unplugged), then the drain motor will NOT respond and will remain off. If no response, replace the control board.

Gene.
keneuren  
#14 Posted : Sunday, February 12, 2012 4:35:47 PM(UTC)
keneuren

I had the 7 blinking lights issue as well. Did the reset and the panel went back to normal. Went to run the dishwasher and the panel is working fine but the diswasher will not run. It will fill with water and you can hear the click for it to turn on and it even hums when is suppose to be washing but, it just isn't washing. After several minutes it stops and goes back to the 7 blinking lights. The model is: GU2400XTPB1
Gene  
#15 Posted : Monday, February 13, 2012 2:12:52 PM(UTC)
Gene

Remove the bottom panel and check if the humming noise is coming from the circulation motor. Post the results.

Here are the breakdown diagrams and Replacement parts for Whirlpool GU2400XTPB1 DISHWASHER | AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene.
needragr  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, February 14, 2012 10:07:48 AM(UTC)
needragr

Hello I as well have the identical model Dishwasher (Whirlpool DU1100XTPBa)
It is exhibiting the same behavior, it seems to function normally filling /draining and cycling through its modes but it does nothing on the wash cycle except emit a humming when listening at the kick panel.
What is different is it doesn't throw any error codes (blinking LED's) it simply will perform its normal cycles then end with no dishes washed.
I ran the diagnostic program and it went through its various cycles and ended
Was that process supposed to tell me something more?
Listening it appears to neither spin the washer arms nor spray water during that "cycle".
Is this the circulation motor? It is hard to pinpoint where the noise is coming from.
This unit is more than 10 yrs old now (purchased in 07) & cost perhaps $400. Should I be replacing it or repairing it?
If replaced are newer units (built) better, have better service history? Or like many things now days (built) cheaper & are more prone to failure ?
Thanks in advance.
Gene  
#17 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:01:31 PM(UTC)
Gene

Originally Posted by: needragr Go to Quoted Post
...except emit a humming when listening at the kick panel...

...I ran the diagnostic program and it went through its various cycles and ended
Was that process supposed to tell me something more?...

The humming noise from behind of the kick panel is a sign of a bad circulation motor. With such symptom you did not have to run any other tests. You can remove the kick panel and verify it by touching the motor.

The model number you posted is incorrect. Verify and repost it please.

Gene.
needragr  
#18 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 12:14:15 PM(UTC)
needragr

actually it is correct the small "a" is the revision. which is on the sticker in the tub. I went ahead and ordered a motor which showed up today. Replacement was pretty simple if not tedious. The replacement motor housing was slightly diferent but all seal & electrical connections were identical.
Problem is once all together and power plugged back in... I get nothing!!!
No response or indications at all on the panel?
Is there a relay or a fuse?
Gene  
#19 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:00:23 PM(UTC)
Gene

There are no 100 series dishwashers made by Whirlpool. The number after DU should be different.

Gene.
needragr  
#20 Posted : Thursday, February 16, 2012 1:14:33 PM(UTC)
needragr

Sorry The model is DU1100~
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply