Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
adam22  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2010 4:51:34 AM(UTC)
adam22

Groups: Registered

I have a Bosch Dishwasher (Model SHU3035UC). The dishwasher won’t drain. There is standing water in the bottom of the unit. I can actually hear the water circulating through the arms when the dishwasher is in that part of the cycle, but when it’s in the part of the cycle where it wants to pump the water out to the sink, I hear a humming noise, and nothing happens. The humming is softer that I’ve heard before when the unit is actually successfully pumping the water out.

I’m willing to try to change out some parts, and I’m willing to change a few parts just to be sure I’m covering my bases. The problem is, I don’t know what to change.

This may or may not be related, but this unit has also had two other problems: it has the dial type cycle selector/timer, and that has occasionally gotten stuck so the dishwasher doesn’t finish its cycle. Also, this dishwasher has leaked out the front door occasionally (but not recently). I bought the unit in 2003 or so, and I would throw in the towel if it didn’t do such a nice job on the dishes.

Thanks for any help!

Adam
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Frank / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2010 5:54:27 AM(UTC)
Frank / APP Team

Groups: Moderators

Originally Posted by: adam22 Go to Quoted Post
I have a Bosch Dishwasher (Model SHU3035UC). The dishwasher won’t drain. There is standing water in the bottom of the unit. I can actually hear the water circulating through the arms when the dishwasher is in that part of the cycle, but when it’s in the part of the cycle where it wants to pump the water out to the sink, I hear a humming noise, and nothing happens. The humming is softer that I’ve heard before when the unit is actually successfully pumping the water out.

I’m willing to try to change out some parts, and I’m willing to change a few parts just to be sure I’m covering my bases. The problem is, I don’t know what to change.

This may or may not be related, but this unit has also had two other problems: it has the dial type cycle selector/timer, and that has occasionally gotten stuck so the dishwasher doesn’t finish its cycle. Also, this dishwasher has leaked out the front door occasionally (but not recently). I bought the unit in 2003 or so, and I would throw in the towel if it didn’t do such a nice job on the dishes.

Thanks for any help!

Adam

If you're hearing a humming noise when it should be draining it sounds like you're getting power to the drain pump. Probably need to look at the pump and see if something may be stuck in it. If nothing is blocking it, then maybe it is locked up and just humming not actually running. Don't overlook something blocking the drain hose from the DW to wherever it goes into your plumbing.

Below is a pic of the drain pump.

Part number: AP2802385
richappy  
#3 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2010 3:08:47 AM(UTC)
richappy

Groups: Senior Expert

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I woul first remove the drain hose from the drain fitting, stick it in a bucket and, run the dishwasher, if you are lucky any debree will flush out.
If no go, you will need to pull the dishwasher, remove the bottom panel, and stich 115 volts to the pump, if no go, order the pump.