Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
AllyCleveland  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2010 5:07:50 AM(UTC)
AllyCleveland

Groups: Registered

We have a Maytag Atlantis mav7700aww that is approx 7 yrs. old. During the Delicates cycle, the washer stops right before the Rinse step and I have to manually advance the dial to Rinse. Also, occasionally during the Colors and Whites cycles the dial advances to the Off position but the cycle ends with the tub full of water - I'm not sure how far through the cycle it goes when this happens. If I restart it from the Spin step, the water drains fine and then it's been working okay the next time I run it through that same cycle.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Saturday, February 6, 2010 4:15:38 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

Since your machine seems to be mechanically ok I would replace the timer, this part here.

Part number: AP4027897
Part number: AP4027897

Although it may look expensive, this is very inexpensive for a timer.
AllyCleveland  
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 11:41:46 AM(UTC)
AllyCleveland

Thanks sidfink43 - we're still deciding whether to replace the part or put the money towards replacing it and keep going with the manual workarounds until the machine breaks down further. If we replace the timer, I'll update this with the hopefully successful results.
sidfink43  
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2010 12:47:15 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

Thanks for the update. I think that is a good plan. If it is the timer sometimes it will fix itself if you keep using it.

Let us know what you ultimately do as a lot of folks are following this thread.
AllyCleveland  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 11:52:02 AM(UTC)
AllyCleveland

We decided to not replace the timer - I just put a note on the washer to remind me to check the cycle before I take the clothes out!
sidfink43  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 12:05:37 PM(UTC)
sidfink43

I like it, it is a cost free, sure to work solution and as I said, the problem may work itself out.
alpicone  
#7 Posted : Monday, December 10, 2012 8:29:05 AM(UTC)
alpicone

I have a similar issue on my machine. The only difference is that the machine goes into the spin cycle without draining first and will usually spin the water out the top of the tub.

I changed the timer which solved the problem for a while. The problem came back so I replaced the timer again thinking the 1st replacement was faulty. Again is solved the issue for some time but it came back again.

I called an appliance repair guy who suggested changing out the lid switch and water level switch. Again it seemed to solve the issue for a little only to have the problem return.

During the spin cycle I either need to pull out the knob or lift the lid to stop the machine. Once I start it again it drains without an issue.

The issue seems to happen in any cycle (color, whites & delicate) and the load size doesn't seem to matter either (except that if I do a super load it will overflow during the spin cycle). When the problem went away it usually came back after we didn't use the machine for a week or longer.

Looking to get some advice on what my next steps to fix the machine should be.

Thanks.