Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
seabaughs  
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:33:07 PM(UTC)
seabaughs

Groups: Registered

Remove the cover behind the filter housing from the ceilingof the fridge. Mine had only one screewwith a ¼” head. Use a small socket ofnut-driver. Cut the two lines about 2inches from the filter assy. You can cutan inch of sample line to take to the hardware store if you like. They should give you a 5/16ths union. Also buy a universal filter for the ¼ inchwater line behind the fridge. You’llspend about $20 total.

Tighten the union over the two lines you cut inside. You’ll have to bow the two lines toward eachother. Make sure they don’t fold and pinch. I was able to get the cover back over thelines with little effort. Then installthe universal filter behind the fridge per the instructions.

Now future filter changes will cost you about $17. These filters are charcoal filters. They are good as long as they flow. They will not bypass unfiltered water; theywill just load-up. Disregard your filterlight on the fridge and replace the filter when the water flow is too slow foryour liking.
seabaughs  
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:46:11 PM(UTC)
seabaughs

I need at least 10 word to get rid of my duplicate post :-/
seabaughs  
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 19, 2011 7:47:57 PM(UTC)
seabaughs

sorry for the repeat... I thought I dumped the previous post :-/
F14flyer  
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 30, 2011 10:03:18 PM(UTC)
F14flyer

Ok... Getting ready to leave tonight to meet a friend and kitchen floor around fridge was leaking. Pulled back off and then saw the pan was full. Discovered that the port on filter housing had water coming out.

Removed filter and leak stopped. Looks like replacing the filter will not do the job (for long anyway). Think I'll do what you guys suggested. Is there any problems with not putting the filter back in in the meantime?
seabaughs  
#25 Posted : Sunday, July 31, 2011 6:38:23 AM(UTC)
seabaughs

No problem leaving the filter out. You just won't get water in the door or for additional ice.
jtdale2000  
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:30:42 PM(UTC)
jtdale2000

I am having the same problem. Next time I will do my research before I purchase a refrigerator. I am so frustrated I am ready to buy a new one and put this one in the garage where it cant do any more harm
#27 Posted : Tuesday, December 19, 2023 10:49:06 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I removed the o-rings from the new filter and replaced them with two slightly fatter (chubbier) o-rings. I also applied some teflon goo that keeps o-rings lubricated. I inserted the previously leaky (new) filter and there is no dripping (so far). I am going to monitor it by leaving the front grate off the bottom front of the fridge for a few days.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply