Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mcindmj  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 9:49:05 AM(UTC)
mcindmj

Groups: Registered

We ordered a replacement defrost heater assembly (WR51X10031) for our refrigerator. The instructions that came with the part were for replacing a dual element defrost heater with a single element heater. We need the instructions for replacing a single element heater with a single element heater. I contacted a live chat representative, and they said that I needed to post the question on the forum to get the correct instructions.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Adam / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 10:45:13 AM(UTC)
Adam / APP Team

Groups: Administrators

Dear mcindmj,

According to GE the correct replacement is part number AP4355467. It replaces the original coming with instructions.
mcindmj  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 10:52:35 AM(UTC)
mcindmj

We already ordered and received the single element defrost heater assembly--are you saying we should not use the single element heater? The problem was that the instructions included were for replacing a dual element heater and we currently have a single element heater.

Originally Posted by: Adam / APP Team Go to Quoted Post
Dear mcindmj,

According to GE the correct replacement is part number AP4355467. It replaces the original coming with instructions.
repair101  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 20, 2009 3:43:26 PM(UTC)
repair101

I'm having the same isue so If you can give more detail instructions on how to replace the dual defrost heater?:)
applianceman  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 7:31:10 PM(UTC)
applianceman

Good instructions come with the part but all you have to do is move the wire from the left side over to the right side. Be sure to run it the same as the other wire. Some models you have to splice the wires using the wire and squeeze connector provided with the heater. If the wire is long enough to reach over and plug into the other side splicing is not necessary. GE Refrigerator Repair Guide
bluewire  
#6 Posted : Friday, October 8, 2010 5:15:57 PM(UTC)
bluewire

Originally Posted by: applianceman Go to Quoted Post
Good instructions come with the part but all you have to do is move the wire from the left side over to the right side. Be sure to run it the same as the other wire. Some models you have to splice the wires using the wire and squeeze connector provided with the heater. If the wire is long enough to reach over and plug into the other side splicing is not necessary. GE Refrigerator Repair Guide

Ok...did that. Now when will I know if the heater is working? Will it automatically start working as soon as I plug my frig back in? Will I see it turning red or glowing or whatever it does?

Thanks in advance-----bw
applianceman  
#7 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 5:12:25 AM(UTC)
applianceman

You will not see it do anything (hopefully). You will just have to wait to see if the problem is repaired or not.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply