Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
dsazama  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 9:56:25 AM(UTC)
dsazama

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/17/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1

This is a combo unit and the oven is on the bottom. The door to the oven does not shut tight and does not make a good seal. Is there a way I can adjust the hing on the door to make a better seal?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com
 
Joe / APP Team  
#2 Posted : Friday, August 6, 2010 8:45:10 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: dsazama Go to Quoted Post
This is a combo unit and the oven is on the bottom. The door to the oven does not shut tight and does not make a good seal. Is there a way I can adjust the hing on the door to make a better seal?


Sorry,

But, No, there is no adjustment on the door hinge.

Have you self cleaned the oven ? how many times ?

The self clean cycle, usually softens the gasket material and allows for a better door closure.

If the self clean does not solve the problem, you will need to install a "hinge kit".

We will need to have a model and serial number, in order to supply you with the proper information,should you need to repalce the parts.

:cool:
tobinmarch  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 12, 2012 6:04:56 PM(UTC)
tobinmarch

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/12/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2

Originally Posted by: dsazama Go to Quoted Post
This is a combo unit and the oven is on the bottom. The door to the oven does not shut tight and does not make a good seal. Is there a way I can adjust the hing on the door to make a better seal?



I am having the same problem. Did you fix yours? If so, how?
Joe / APP Team  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:12:42 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: tobinmarch Go to Quoted Post
I am having the same problem. Did you fix yours? If so, how?


Tobinmarch,
There hasn't been a response, yet. Just like the previous post, You'll need to order a hinge repair kit, if you've followed the reccomended checks. We'll need a model and serial number of your walloven, to advise you of the correct "kit" to order.

:) :) :)
tobinmarch  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 5:32:28 AM(UTC)
tobinmarch

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/12/2012(UTC)
Posts: 2

Model Number: JMW9527DAS
SN: 10392181CT

What are the reccomended checks. This oven has been in this house for many years (House is new to us) and I have self cleaned it multiple times in the year living here. The door shuts loosley, but many times the light will remain on as the oven thinks the door is open.

Perhaps it is not installed properly, ie level??

I am going to search the net for the manual and installation guide to verify proper installation.
Joe / APP Team  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 13, 2012 10:29:07 AM(UTC)
Joe / APP Team

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Moderators
Joined: 7/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 5,222

Originally Posted by: tobinmarch Go to Quoted Post
Model Number: JMW9527DAS
SN: 10392181CT

What are the reccomended checks. This oven has been in this house for many years (House is new to us) and I have self cleaned it multiple times in the year living here. The door shuts loosley, but many times the light will remain on as the oven thinks the door is open.

Perhaps it is not installed properly, ie level??

I am going to search the net for the manual and installation guide to verify proper installation.


Tobinmarch,
The wall oven is most likely installed properly, but you do want to check.

The part number for the hinge repair kit for the model and serial number you supplied is:
Part number: AP4009191
Part number: AP4009191

You will need to contact the APP Customer Service Team 1-(877)-477- 7278 , our stock supply is limited and they can assist you better.

This web sight should assist you in reviewing the installation information you need.

https://www.whirlpool.com/webapp...gId=-1&storeId=10211

Thanks and Good Luck,
:) :) :)
jadcox88  
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2015 9:37:39 PM(UTC)
jadcox88

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 7/25/2015(UTC)
Posts: 1

Serial #12023972YK

Has same door not closing issue. What part do I need?
Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.