Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DaveLab  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2024 2:53:48 PM(UTC)
DaveLab

Groups: Registered
United States

This 70s-era (I'm guessing) range came with the house. It's always put soot on pots and pans and had yellow flames. It's only now occurring to me that I can probably do something about that. But what?

First I'll determine if it's even got LP orifices (LP is the gas we use). I'm guessing it does because it gets plenty hot enough. After that I'll adjust the fuel/air mixture at each burner. But...

Is there a pressure regulator that should be checked? Especially if I decide it's never been converted to LP and so I put in new orifices. Or if it HAS been converted (orifice-wise) but not had the regulator tweaked accordingly (if needed). After all, if the orifices have been converted, why wasn't the mixture ever tweaked? Maybe they left the regulator alone, too?

Finally, IF there is a regulator adjustment needed, how would I go about doing that?

Hardwick model C G9626 W 79R (for what it's worth)

UserPostedImage

Just noticing that the label says on it to adjust the regulator when converting. D'oh! If I could only find a manual with those instructions...

Edited by user Tuesday, May 28, 2024 3:13:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.