Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
just_phil  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2021 9:21:44 PM(UTC)
just_phil

Groups: Registered
United States

Hi, I have a Sub-Zero 550 that needed a new evaporator fan motor. Got a new motor from an authorized dealer and put it in. Right away I notice that the motor is spinning in the other direction. The original motor spins clockwise when looking at the fan, the new one is spinning counter-clockwise. The wires are all connected correctly, plus it wouldn't matter on an AC motor anyway. So does anyone know what's going on? Was there a change in the specs? Also, the fan is shaped in such a way that it would be more efficient blowing downwards, and now it's blowing upwards. The part number is 4200170.

Thanks in advance!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

DoctorG  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 5, 2021 7:35:09 PM(UTC)
DoctorG

Groups: Registered
United States

Originally Posted by: just_phil Go to Quoted Post
Hi, I have a Sub-Zero 550 that needed a new evaporator fan motor. Got a new motor from an authorized dealer and put it in. Right away I notice that the motor is spinning in the other direction. The original motor spins clockwise when looking at the fan, the new one is spinning counter-clockwise. The wires are all connected correctly, plus it wouldn't matter on an AC motor anyway. So does anyone know what's going on? Was there a change in the specs? Also, the fan is shaped in such a way that it would be more efficient blowing downwards, and now it's blowing upwards. The part number is 4200170.

Thanks in advance!

Mine has been replaced recently and it's very noisy, but it's definitely blowing downwards.

Did you resolve your problem? May I ask you where you sourced your part from? Is the noise level the same as before?

Thanks!
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply