Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gooper  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2020 8:01:25 AM(UTC)
gooper

Groups: Registered
United States

The nylon string between the spring and the door hinge on one side of the broke and I was too lazy to pull it out from under the counter to fix it. Eventually the same thing happened on the other side. Still too lazy to fix it. Finally the latch on the door stopped being enough to hold it shut, so now I need to fix it, since it obviously doesn't run with the door hanging open.

I replaced the springs and strings on both sides, and they operate just fine now, but the door resists shutting. It feels like something near the bottom of the door is blocking it from closing enough to engage the latch. If I pull out the metal clip from the top, it engages the latch in the door just fine, and vice versa if I take the latch assembly out of the door and just attach it to the clip. The door has somehow become too tight, though, and with the fully "shut" it is still some millimeters to far for the latch to engage, and it pushes itself right back open. Any suggestions? I already called a local appliance repair place and they were stumped. It was otherwise completely working and cleans infinitely better than the crappy Samsung "Stormwash" I bought to replace it, and I'd really like to leave the Samsung on the curb and put this Kenmore back in if I could just fix the dang door.

Edited by user Saturday, August 8, 2020 8:03:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Quick Reply Show Quick Reply
Users browsing this topic
Similar Topics
Capri Gas Range Door won't close tightly (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by Guest 5/26/2022 9:56:34 AM(UTC)
Samsung - Oven Door Won't Close Tight (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by Samich 4/26/2020 7:59:48 AM(UTC)
Frigidaire Affinity Washer door won't close (Washer Repair)
by reimanns 11/2/2016 1:14:42 PM(UTC)
Oven door won't close tightly-has a gap (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by gloverzoo 3/30/2015 7:45:00 PM(UTC)
Bosch Dishwasher Door Won't Close (Dishwasher Repair)
by fswallis 3/26/2015 4:30:35 PM(UTC)
Jenn-Aire Oven door won't Close (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by jgmann 10/28/2014 11:58:22 AM(UTC)
GE Profile Oven Door won't close (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by TeriT 8/27/2014 10:13:22 AM(UTC)
Dispenser door won't close (Dishwasher Repair)
by carolina3 11/29/2013 9:16:47 AM(UTC)
Thermador oven door won't close tightly (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by fixitboy 11/26/2013 12:22:35 PM(UTC)
Kenmore Oven door won't close tightly (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by ritarandall 9/24/2012 4:00:48 PM(UTC)
frigidaire door won't close properly (Refrigerator & Freezer Repair)
by falls 8/16/2012 6:20:44 AM(UTC)
Oven door won't close (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by DottieH 5/29/2012 1:15:24 PM(UTC)
Jenn Air door won't close (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by Boney 2/15/2011 10:54:52 AM(UTC)
Oven door won't close all the way... (Oven Repair (including Ranges and Cooktops))
by RN2010 11/21/2010 1:48:57 PM(UTC)
refrigerator door won't close on its own and is not level (Refrigerator & Freezer Repair)
by katrina53 7/28/2010 12:49:56 PM(UTC)
New Topic Post Reply