Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
kwaropay  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 9, 2019 6:13:01 PM(UTC)
kwaropay

Groups: Registered

Hi - For my Whirlpool Cabrio WTW6600SBO, I installed 4 new suspension rods this evening and then did a load of pool towels. No matter what I do, i cannot get the washer to complete a full cycle. It always ends up unbalanced.

Prior to replacing the suspension rods, if I "bounced" the drum down with my hand, I could see the drum would bounce up and down a few times. Now that I have the new suspension rods in, if I "bounce" the drum, I can see it only bounces once and comes to a stop like it should.

Is there anything else I need to consider here? the washer has been working great up until like 3 months ago.

Also, i washed a full load of laundry without the pool towels and it worked fine. So, I know the pool towels are much heavier but I still feel I should be able to spin more than 3 or 4 towels at a time after rebalancing the load, too.

This washer is easily 15 yrs old...maybe I just got my monies worth out of it and it's time to be replaced???

Thanks in advance for your replies!
Kevin
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.