Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
KalashniKEV  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 12:15:17 PM(UTC)
KalashniKEV

Groups: Registered
United States

Background: I'm a bachelor and I've had this stove for 10 years since new, came with a new condo. I mostly use it to cook frozen pizza and boil water for pasta. It's clean. I only ever use 1 out of 4 burners.

AFTER using the oven to heat some pizza, the ignition started ticking on all burners. Both the burners and the oven were off at the time. I flipped the circuit breaker off after several minutes of this. Power cycling at the breaker did not work- all 4 burners still ticking.

There is No troubleshooting procedure for this in the manual. I looked at the burners because that was the source of the noise. The only one I use was blackened on the white surface and metal discolored (the others are brand new). I took apart that burner, purchased a brand new OEM spark ignitor, and replaced it- still ticking!

Next I focused on the oven. Cleaned the bottom (was like nothing) and powered on for a 5 hour self-cleaning cycle. 5 hours of ticking- still ticking, so I flipped the breaker back off. I also powered on for a few minutes of all 4 burners on high to see if that would do anything, but no luck.

I left the project for a week and now I'm back into it on my day off...

Any ideas on what to swap out next or what to do? I just flipped the breaker and it's still ticking.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.