Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
fordsbyjay  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:36:25 AM(UTC)
fordsbyjay

Groups: Registered
United States

I am visiting my daughter and she is having problems with her dishwasher not drying. The dishes are drenched like nothing is heating at all.

The first thing I checked was the high limit thermostat. It had continuity when cold and clicks open when hot. Idk at what temp but hot in a pan.

Second I checked the heating element for continuity. It was bad so I replaced it (I also checked the new one before install to make it sure it was ok). I ran the dishwasher again and the bottom dishes are dry but the top ones are still drenched. I opened the door as soon as it was finished and it was hardly warm inside not hot and steamy like every other dishwasher I have owned.

I also turned off the breaker for 15 minutes.

I also checked the hot water supply and it is about 18 seconds till I can't hold my hand under it.

It also has drying liquid in it.

My question is how do I test the power to the heating element or at the main control board during the drying cycle?

Edited by user Tuesday, February 5, 2019 10:42:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.