Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
it'sme  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 8, 2018 6:09:03 AM(UTC)
it'sme

Groups: Registered

Hi friends.. Whirlpool electric freestanding 30" oven glass cooktop baking element not working at all. The display and the cooktop are working correctly as is the broil element when in broil mode. Clock works and NO ERRORS come up. I've checked common connections and voltage, looked for loose wires, etc. I have check continuity of element and get a beep. All appears good (240 V accross outside leads, 120V from middle leg to each outside leg. I've actually removed leads from lower baking element and switched to upper element, and get no voltage accross the leads when relay clicks. But when I switch upper leads to lower element, I do get the 240V across the leads when the same relay clicks. Here's something interesting.....There are two relays. One for the broil element (upper), and one for the baking (lower). Both elements are used for baking as evidenced by watching BOTH relays click on and off during the warming up process when BAKE is used. But I've noticed that the relay for the element that works sparks and the other relay (for the element not working) does not spark. Yet it engages and clicks. Just no spark. What now. Ididntbother checking the sensor because i"m thing the relay wouldnt even engage if the sensor or themostat were bad. They no longer make this control board and if it were the probe that was bad, it'll be a $90 mistake if I'm wrong. (not to mention the matching brand and color of the other 3 matching kitchen appliances.......
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.