Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
RollingSpinner  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 5, 2018 11:48:21 AM(UTC)
RollingSpinner

Groups: Registered

I have a Jenn-Air Model JED8430ADB drop in cook top with bad dual element switch.

Old switch is [COLOR="Yellow"]209050/7403P406-60[/COLOR]. I have replacement switch [COLOR="Red"]12002125[/COLOR].

I am having trouble getting the correct wiring plan done as the switches are not labeled the same.

I have also attached the wiring scheme from the cooktop paperwork, as well as the instructions that were included in the new switch.

I have identified wires with daisy chains, and with piggy backs. The connections I have are a little different in that the crimp pin simply holds an uncut section of the wire, with the insulation cord on each side. I will call those "double" wires until the experts tell me what name they should be called.

[COLOR="Yellow"]Old Switch[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Yellow"]Terminal 1[/COLOR] single (orange) wire to knob control.
[COLOR="Yellow"]Terminal 2[/COLOR] double (black). Half goes to RWB power, other end goes to the piggy backed L1 on sister switch.
[COLOR="Yellow"]Terminal 3[/COLOR] single white corded wire to dual heating element
[COLOR="Yellow"]Terminal 4[/COLOR] (single red) corded wire to dual heating element limiter.
[COLOR="Yellow"]Terminal 5[/COLOR] (double red) half goes to RWB power, other side goes to sister switch.
[COLOR="Yellow"]Terminal 6[/COLOR] (single yellow) wire to heating element left side of terminal,

Based on other posts, this is how I have completed the wiring. Besides the fact that the new switch doesn't neither the large nor the small coils on this (new) element warm up. The on indicator does glow amber. The on indicator under the switch does glow amber. All other elements are functioning.

[COLOR="Red"]This is my new wiring scheme[/COLOR].
Jumper from [COLOR="Red"]P1[/COLOR] to [COLOR="Red"]S1[/COLOR]
Old Terminal [COLOR="Yellow"]1[/COLOR] single now to [COLOR="Red"]S2[/COLOR]
Old Terminal [COLOR="Yellow"]2[/COLOR] (dual black) now to [COLOR="Red"]P1[/COLOR], next to jumper
Old Terminal [COLOR="Yellow"]3[/COLOR] now to [COLOR="Red"]4[/COLOR]
Old Terminal [COLOR="Yellow"]5[/COLOR] (double red) to [COLOR="Red"]P2 [/COLOR]
Old Terminal [COLOR="Yellow"]6[/COLOR] now to [COLOR="Red"]4a[/COLOR]

We turn on the breaker and the dual element will not warm up.

Help, help, help oh yee Appliance Repair Gods! :confused:
File Attachment(s):
Wiring scheme for 8104P688-60.pdf (1,913kb) downloaded 48 time(s).
Wiring instructions for new switch..pdf (1,867kb) downloaded 54 time(s).
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.