Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jhennessy  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 1, 2017 8:00:18 PM(UTC)
Jhennessy

Groups: Registered

I have a whirlpool front load washing machine model WFW94HEXW1
The problem im have is the water won't flow into machine. I replaced the inlet valve thinking that was the problem. Still having the same problem.
My next step would be to change the dispenser motor switch assembly or should I change the pressure switch? Is there a way to check these items b4 replacing ? I hear a clicking sound coming from the dispenser motor switch assembly like it's skipping or not working properly.. does that switch control if water enters machine?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 6, 2017 5:47:01 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The dispenser switch only transfers the incoming water from the soap compartment to either the bleach or fabric softener compartments. If the water inlet valves are opening water would flow into the tub only thru the wrong compartment.
Things to try:
1. verify your water hoses are flowing water by removing them from the back of the machine and running each into the drain pipe
2. reconnect the hoses and verify the water valves are fully open
3. run all the different cycles and different water temp settings
4. while running all the different cycles open the dispenser tray slightly to see if any water is passing thru
Also while performing the checks, leave the top off the machine and watch to see if the dispenser switch arm moves. If not it may need replaced and if it isn't switching to the correct position may cause the water not to turn on. Try helping it move a little by hand when you hear it clicking.

If no water flows with any of the tests and you have installed a new water inlet valve assembly and the dispenser switch is working, then I suspect either the wiring isn't making a good connection or your electronic control board is bad.
Jhennessy  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 16, 2017 9:59:56 AM(UTC)
Jhennessy

The connection to the dispenser switch was corroded I cleaned it up and it worked for a while. Then stopped again...I replaced the dispenser switch and cleaned up the wire connection. Everything is working fine now thanks
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply