Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ctbirkett  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 28, 2023 4:28:27 AM(UTC)
ctbirkett

Groups: Registered
United States

Hello,

My 4 yr old WFW9620HBK0 just started having a problem where the water gets incredibly hot during the cycle. It's not due to the hoses being switched, I believe it's due to the internal heating element in the washer. Even when I start a cold wash, the waster gets very hot. In addition, the washer will stay in agitation mode indefinitely. When I try turning off the breaker, it turns back on, but the door remains locked. I try to do a drain and spin utility cycle, but it just goes back to agitating again. I have to drain the washer manually through the low point drain and wait a few hours for the contents to cool before the door will unlock. Sometimes, I can get away with running a quick cycle wash because with the shorter cycle, it doesn't get a chance to overheat.

I'm thinking it's the temperature sensor that's bad, but I'm also wondering if it might be a bad board. The fact that the high temperature is keeping the door locked tells me maybe the temperature sensor is doing its job in that way.

I'm not getting any error codes.

Just wanted to see if anyone ran into anything similar before I start throwing parts at it. Thanks!

Edited by user Monday, August 28, 2023 4:30:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.