Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
58teeth  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 9:42:18 AM(UTC)
58teeth

Groups: Registered

Hello
We have an LG WM2450HRA that is leaking during the rinse cycle out of the detergent dispenser drawer. There are no blockages anywhere in the system as it happens randomly. It happens on almost every cycle, and if it happens once, it literally happens the next 4-5 times we attempt to run the washer (after wiping up all of that water!). Then, maybe we'll give up for the day and it won't happen again.

We have videos of the leak, and have lightly pulled the drawer out while it's leaking to see if we could find exactly where it was coming from. It seems like the first row of sprayers are shooting horizontal, completely missing the detergent cup and spraying the back of the drawer for the entire rinse cycle.

We've contacted LG many times and they keep saying the same thing about detergent levels, cleaning the tub/etc and we've had this happen with no soap, so that answer is NOT it. We've taken apart the washer drain hose as suggested and there are zero blockages.

Any ideas? We're shopping for new washers this week because we're so tired of cleaning up this water and replacing the various pieces of damaged wood from this washer. It's great when it works, but...

Thanks
GR
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

brobriffin  
#2 Posted : Monday, September 5, 2016 1:55:46 PM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
One thing comes to mind. If its not leaking when it fills prior to washing and only leaks when filling to rinse, the sprayer shouldn't be aimed at the detergent drawer but at the fabric softener drawer. Could it be the clog is in the fabric softener section?
Also remove the top cover and then run a rinse cycle with the drawer fully inserted. Perhaps you can determine exactly where the leak is occurring.
58teeth  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 12, 2016 2:56:47 PM(UTC)
58teeth

Thanks for the tip. I've been monitoring it closer per your feedback, and it's still leaking. I've removed the tray, checked all of the port holes and they're fine...no obstructions.

Just the other day it happened right away when the washer first fired up, so I stand corrected that it's only on the Rinse cycle.

Any other ideas.
brobriffin  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 3:50:29 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

If the tray is not obstructed then your answer may be that the box itself (dispenser assembly) has a crack or one of the inlet hoses may have a leak or the washer dispenser hose may have a leak.
Check out this link for a video how to remove the washer dispenser hose.
LG 4738ER1004B Dispenser Hose - AppliancePartsPros.com

Check out this link to see how to remove the dispenser assembly so you can check for cracks.
LG 4925ER1015B Dispenser Assembly - AppliancePartsPros.com

It may even be a loose hose connection.
58teeth  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:04:11 AM(UTC)
58teeth

Thanks. I checked the whole thing when I took it apart. All is well...no cracks, leaks kinks.

It's like I mentioned...it runs totally fine 85% of the time. ZERO problems on any cycle at any point in time. Then, randomly it'll just start spraying everywhere and will do it if we restart it. We've also confirmed that it doesn't always happen when the dishwasher or any other type of water appliance is running. It's totally random.
brobriffin  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:10:57 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

If you happen to be observing once when it does leak, perhaps you could shoot a video and post to youtube, then give us a link so we can see where the water is coming from. Shoot the video from several angles and distances plz.
58teeth  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 4:27:21 AM(UTC)
58teeth

brobriffin  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:41:04 AM(UTC)
brobriffin

Man
United States

Ok can you pull the detergent drawer completely out and take a picture of the interior top of the dispenser assembly. I would like to see the jets and dispensers of the roof of that box.
58teeth  
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 8, 2016 3:30:26 AM(UTC)
58teeth

Greetings...sorry for the delay, but we've been testing out your suggestion for a few weeks now. It seems like it was related to the pressure, possibly. We turned the hoses to the washer off, then, two full rotations (it was at 7) and we haven't had a leak since.

I appreciate the responses! If we have another leak, I'll be sure to repost here. Strange that it would happen so randomly. Perhaps the pressure built up due to other water users in the house!?
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 18, 2023 1:35:47 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I have the same issue.
Everything has been cleaned including the drain tube and bellows.
especially during rinse cycle water splashes out the detergent drawer.
Throttling water inlet valve seems to decrease pressure and stops the issue.
So I throttle it as little as possible and still avoid leaks.

My question is: Can decreasing water flow or pressure effect the quality of the wash or damage the washer?
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply