Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
relentless85  
#1 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2016 5:57:33 PM(UTC)
relentless85

Groups: Registered

Just purchased a Samsung black stainless steel dishwasher model: dw80j7550ug about 6 months ago. When I press the power button, the unit powers on, I can select a wash cycle, then press the start button.

The display shows a "1" then proceeds to I believe move the arm that moves back and forth to make sure nothing is blocking it's way, once the arm gets back to its "home" position, the display says "End" then sings it's little song and does not start the wash cycle.

I have tried looking for a code of "1" but the book does not show that error code and have not been able to find the code on the internet. There is correct power and water to the unit, there is nothing causing a blockage, I removed all dishes from the washer just to be sure, I cleaned the little filter located at the bottom (although it was not dirty or clogged), no buttons are stuck as it has the top buttons and door is closed.

Also I can't figure out how to do a reset or hard reset on it. I have unplugged it from the power outlet and let it sit for about 1 minute and then plugged it back in. Nothing so far that I have tried has worked yet.

Any ideas of what could be the issue? I didn't expect problems out of this very expensive dishwasher already??:mad:
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.