Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mrwiz  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2016 7:45:22 PM(UTC)
mrwiz

Groups: Registered

My dishwasher stopped working and was blinking as shown here. Through a bit of research, I found that the issue is the control board. So, I bought a new one, installed it, and then it started doing the following here. While the new behavior was odd to me, the dishwasher was working. However, after a few days, the original blinking light issue came back (the first video). The dishwasher is back to not working. Is this a refurbished part when it says it's a Whirlpool certified part? Is there a warranty on this part? Is there something else wrong with the dishwasher? Any and all input would be appreciated.

Here's the picture of my original control board.
UserPostedImage

Here's the picture of my replacement control board.
UserPostedImage

Here's a picture of the bad capacitor I discovered on the original control board.
UserPostedImage
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

mrwiz  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 3:05:58 PM(UTC)
mrwiz

I shouldn't have wasted my time providing video and pictures. No one has replied and I see others are getting same day replies. Not that anyone cares, I got yet another control board and it didn't work right out of the box. Screw it. I'll just go buy another dishwasher. What a pain. I put forth the effort to save and that's when no one even attempts at replying. I'm pretty upset at the money I'm about to spend.
swacktek  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 4:19:47 PM(UTC)
swacktek

1st of all lights blinking depending which lights can mean 20 different things you must follow the tech sheet to get you to the circle of possible issue 2nd you have not given enough info I do not know why consumers think its allways circuit cards why did you think that cap was the issue if you can not frepair it call authorize whirlpool service tech.......good luck
mrwiz  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2016 6:06:21 PM(UTC)
mrwiz

Originally Posted by: swacktek Go to Quoted Post
1st of all lights blinking depending which lights can mean 20 different things you must follow the tech sheet to get you to the circle of possible issue 2nd you have not given enough info I do not know why consumers think its allways circuit cards why did you think that cap was the issue if you can not frepair it call authorize whirlpool service tech.......good luck

First, thank you for your response. Second, I've fixed many of things just by replacing a blown cap. It's excellent for TVs. Identify the bulging or completely blown cap and you're half way to a fix. Third, you unfortunately just proved out a theory a friend proposed earlier today. Throw a fit in a forum and someone will say something just to push back within the day. Be honest, you wouldn't have even thought to reply to this forum message if I hadn't just kicked up some dust, would you? I'm just pointing out how we all think in general. But yeah, after blowing $160 on a part, I'm thinking I'll just go ahead and buy another dishwasher altogether. It'd just be a waste of money to bring in a repair man and pay an additional $300-$400. Once again, thanks for replying. I knew about a few other possibilities, but the fact that the first replacement board worked temporarily made me think I was onto something.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply