Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lakelander  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 30, 2015 9:47:08 AM(UTC)
Lakelander

Groups: Registered

Washer won't enter spin. It agitates and drains, but no spin. I've tried to run all the different wash cycles and it won't spin in any of them. The lid switch is good, as it stops agitating when I open the lid. I took the front panel off and checked the LED. It is blinking for one second, then off, repeating continuously indicating no codes. It's not the shifter coil, because the basket does not move with the agitator during the wash cycle. I can hear the coil release when it enters the spin cycle, but then the basket starts to turn slowly to one side, then the next, and then stops. The whole time, the pump is pumping. I'm at a loss for answers. Any advice?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

sidfink43  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2015 4:20:41 AM(UTC)
sidfink43

Groups: Senior Expert

These are good machines but when they fail one is at the mercy of the error codes. So if you are not getting an error code you can only try guessing at the problem and changing things out on speculation.

If you want to try and fix it I would suggest changing out the motor. If you buy from this site and the new motor does not fix things you can return it. In that case you could try replacing other parts including the control unit, but my best advice would be to replace the machine at that point.

Sorry not to be more helpful, the fault is with GE and its designs.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply