Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
budmanluvtofish  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:02:27 AM(UTC)
budmanluvtofish

Groups: Registered

I have a GE Hydrowave washer that won't spin or agitate. I get 6 flashing green lights (locked motor) but tub, motor, and belt spin freely when worked manually. I checked to see if there is anything stuck between the tubs and there is nothing there. I reset the motor several times by unplugging it, waiting 2 minutes and opening and closing the lid 6 times. I then get a constant slow flashing light as if everything is fine. the washer will fill but when it gets ready to agitate I get the same 6 quick flashing lights (locked motor), any sugestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:04:25 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Bad motor/inverter. The locked rotor code does not necessarily mean that the rotor is physically locked. The inverter board has an rpm sensor to determine rotor speed. If the motor windings are bad or something has failed on the inverter board to prevent the motor from rotating the rpm sensor will detect no rotation and will give code 6 for locked rotor, the same code that would be given if in fact the rotor was physically locked.

Eric