Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
cbrandel  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 29, 2015 7:25:31 AM(UTC)
cbrandel

Groups: Registered

I installed a new GE dishwasher this week. The connections were not leaking when water was turned on for the first trial. Ran the dishwasher through a complete cycle and noticed leak at connection from elbow to water valve. Tightened the connection and leak got worse. Decided that the plumbing parts store might have given me the incorrect elbow (NST instead of GHT). Went to a different plumbing parts store and purchased a GHT elbow. Installed it and it is leaking too around the plastic threads on the water valve part of the dishwasher. Could it be that the plastic threads have become cross threaded? Is there a solution to cross threading on plastic threads other than replacing the water valve? The appliance parts store said that they did not have the water valve in stock for this dishwasher and it would have to be ordered in from GE. In looking at the GE parts site, it appears that the water valve part number for my dishwasher is no longer available and has been replaced with a different part. There are no pictures of the new part...only the $51 price. I'm wondering if GE knew this was a poorly manufactured part and changed it. I also noticed a leak at the bottom right corner of the door after the first cycle. The GE parts site also noted that the door gasket for my dishwasher was no longer available and had been replaced by another part. Again, I'm wondering if GE knew this part was defective. I have a GE service tech scheduled to come out tomorrow (the earliest they were available). I don't want to have to pay to replace something that GE knows is a defective part. Any suggestions?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.