Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ranand  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 10, 2015 11:33:55 AM(UTC)
ranand

Groups: Registered

This is a 2005 KUDI02IRBS1. The unit like the user home2sale had a leaking gasket which was replaced in 04/15 and hose with drain flapper valve 05/15. Unit on 05/07/15 was running and there was a strong smell of what can be described as burning plastic. Also accompanied by a sound. Drained DW and then removed kickplate checked to see if there was any scorching underneath. Nothing visible. Smell seemed to be coming from top right, but control board appears intact and bimetal fuse has continuity.

Checked the heater on wednesday using Commerical Electric multimeter, zeroed, set to x10 (lowest setting) for resistance and heater measures 0 ohms. Replaced with a new one and a new thermostat to save time but the heated dry does not work still.

Will retest heater, but the two connectors are so far back I need to remove the machine each time which is a pain. Any tips to test this. Also how from the control panel can I test this? I cannot find a schematic for the KUDI series. If the heater has resistance then would the board have failed. Cost of the board is 1/4 a new unit and the parts so far are 41% of a new unit if it is the board, is the 10 year old DW on its last legs?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.