Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jbax2004  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 8, 2015 9:09:55 AM(UTC)
jbax2004

Groups: Registered

Hi, my name is James. I am having some issues with my whirlpool dishwasher. After my wife complained of dishes not being cleaned I started checking it out to see if I could trouble shoot it. I first noticed that the unit would fill to right about element level (held door shutoff switch to see what was happening), the pump would start for a fraction of a second then stop and start to drain. The unit would then fill again and start to wash, but the pressure was so low that the lower arm would barely spin and no water would reach the upper arm (supply tube was clean). The motor seemed to be spinning fine. I took all removable parts from the tub(filter, impellers, checkballs, drain check, hoses, etc.)and thoroughly cleaned them, and replaced the impeller because it was chipped. I also ran a cycle with the pressure switch un plugged (per a suggestion on a different tread I read)after doing so, the unit did not drain after the initial fill, but the water pressure was still very low. At this point, we are tired of hands washing dishes, and would appreciate any advice or suggestions!
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.