Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
wasser1  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 5, 2015 8:03:14 PM(UTC)
wasser1

Groups: Registered

About 3 months about freezer was ok but refrigerator was too warm. Technician suspected control board but Kitchen Aid cant fix due to Tsunami (more like they dont want to fix). Sent in control board to third party and replaced microprocessor $450. Works for about 2 months. Now Freezer between 30-35 Degrees and refrigerator mid 40s. Freezer thermometer and thermistor tested ok both with internal diagnostics and ohm meter. Heating coil got hot during self diagnostics. There is ice build up on the the top back coil where the capillary tube connects up to the coil for about one turn. See photo 2. After defrosting and restarting the same coil section seems to frost in minutes. photo 1. The best Kitchen Aid will do is offer me a special price om a new unit $6200 although my sealed system may still be under warranty (parts only). Any suggestions? I have a hard time scrapping a $6000 refrigerator that should last longer than $500 basic model.
wasser1 attached the following image(s):
ice2.jpg
photo1a.jpg
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.