Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
niallp  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 11:27:08 AM(UTC)
niallp

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Looks like some progress since the last time I checked in ... guessing the burning of R1 could be related to relay flakyness, ie if L2 fails when L1 switches.

Just had another failure after almost a year working, replaced fried R1 again, this time with PTC in series to limit current.

Would be nice if they just could provide a robust replacement board but might be time for a new range :-/

Edited by user Friday, December 18, 2020 2:27:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: expand on failure mode/repair

ThatGuy  
#22 Posted : Friday, December 18, 2020 6:08:00 PM(UTC)
ThatGuy

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
My guess is the main relays need to be replaced. They eventually burn their contacts and start sticking on or not making good contact. Both bad. Probably causes the 220 ohm resistor to blow when they stick. Relay failure is one of the most common reasons for board replacement.
Sum-Guy  
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2020 2:41:30 PM(UTC)
Sum-Guy

Groups: Registered
Canada

Hey, I wonder if you guys can help me out. Someone near me put out a stove at the curb - a Kenmore, stainless steel, convection with warming drawer. I have the stove now. It's in great shape, but there was a problem with the control board.

The board model number is 3164627, Rev F. I think this is the same board you're talking about in this thread. The connector for the L2 relay was browned up, specifically the L2 connector. The relay pin for that connector (the L2 out) had lost all its solder so it was no longer making contact on the PCB. The R1 resistor is fine. I figure either there is something wrong with the L2 relay or it was a bad solder joint. I haven't done anything yet with the board, just looking on digikey for relays.

My main question for now is - there are 2 white relays on the board, for P9 and P7, which is Bake and broil. P11 is for Conv - which is I guess the convection element? The stove has a fan on the back oven wall so I assume there should be a convection element behind the wall, but on the board there is no matching white relay for P11, just a blank space where the relay could be (K7 I think). Should there be a relay there? Or is it possible the board I have in this oven was a replacement board and didn't have the convection relay?