Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
#31 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2022 6:14:14 AM(UTC)

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
We have had oven door codes and burning plastic smell when using broil element on our Kenmore 790.99913804 by Electrolux/Frigidaire. Also Convection indicator has two amber leds dimly lit with a dim blue fan on the display. I dug in to have a look and if nothing else clean all PCBs with electrical cleaner.

I found:
Blackening of harness connector at J3 - Pin 8 (black wire, assuming L1 inbound, serving K18 (the right-most T77V1D10-12 Tyco relay)
>This harness connects t the warming drawer element (black and white wires) and its thermostat (grey and brown wires)
>Warming element and T-stat connections at the other end all look fine
Blackening of harness connector at P3 - Pin 1 (Red wire, L2 in)
Charred harness connector and PCB at P11 (Yellow AWG 14 to lower left Oven element) and P7 (Blue AWG 14 to upper left Broil Element)
Browning of the relay above P11 near the PCB
>The heat appears to have been generated at the spade connectors (female on the AWG 14 wire ends and male soldered to the board),
>both are crusted together (possibly fused/melted?).
>P11 (Yellow) pulled out of the PCB, while the solder at P7 (Blue) is holding fast.

Browning, looks like lacquer bubbling, at J2 (left end of PCB on the back side of the PCB).

My R1 looks beautiful and happy. I have not checked its resistivity yet.

I was suspecting a poor connection at the L2 supplied connections for oven and broiler. Thinking about a more robust connection, or in-line fuses on the LI (red in) and LX (black in) and/or P11 and P7.

I was assuming the orange "common" are eventually connected to L1 with no apparent issues

Now I am wondering if stuck relays and runaway power found the weak link and compromised the connections at P11 and P7 causing them to deteriorate under normal use.

I will see if the stove functions without the oven control board, while I determine the right fix, and report back. I have noted different relay part numbers and manufacturers in earlier posts.

I thank all who have contributed here.
samuraipizzacat  
#32 Posted : Tuesday, April 19, 2022 10:42:28 AM(UTC)
samuraipizzacat

Canada

Hello everyone,

Just found this thread as I discovered R1 was destroyed on my board. I have a Frigidaire CPIF3093LFB induction range with electric oven. Unit would prompt F10 error. My symptom was unit would preheat to set temperature but then baking element would continue to heat.

I just replaced R1 with a 270ohm resistor after misreading the value from a pic of the replacement board....thought it was red violet brown. All relays look OK but may order replacements. P3, P 17, P 1, P11 and P9 all look OK.

I have the 3164627 electrolux board...can't read the Rev version because of black scorch marks but could be Ref F.

Will check back if this higher rated resistor solves my problem.
#33 Posted : Thursday, December 7, 2023 4:34:59 AM(UTC)

United States

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Just wanted to comment here. The switching relay for my oven was not working because the solder connection on the back wasn't making connections. I fixed it, plugged in the oven and the resistor blew. In hindsight, this is why. The switching relay T9AV5L12-12VDC had been in the 'on' position when the solder connection melted. Also, I have a broil relay (OZ-SS-112LM1F) that wasn't working and stuck in the on position. So, in this state, the power to the broil element was supplied on even though the stove was off. I believe the power came through this resistor which obviously cannot handle the current so it blew.

In hindsight, the stuck on broil relay likely lead to the overheating of the main relay as both elements were on at the same time. If you have a bad solder connection on your board, check your relays also.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply