Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
MrsG  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 5:38:59 PM(UTC)
MrsG

Groups: Registered

I lost the use of the easy care timer for cottons, permanent press, delicate, etc. The dryer will run, without the timer advancing, until I stop it.

The timed dry option works with no problem.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2015 7:06:23 PM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Clean the moisture sensing rods in the drum. If they are gunked up or dirty, the control board will not advance the timer thinking there are still wet clothes in the drum. If this does not seem to be the problem, disconnect one of the wires from the rods. If timer still won't advance, the board is most likely the problem.

Eric
MrsG  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2015 8:40:46 AM(UTC)
MrsG

Thank you for your advice. I've cleaned the sensors, although since I do not use fabric softener, they were not dirty. They are bright, shiny silver and feel smooth. Nonetheless, my problem still exists.

I am not mechanically inclined so do not know how to, "...disconnect one of the wires from the rods." Will you please refer me to instructions I can follow to accomplish this?

Thank you.
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 24, 2015 9:48:49 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This requires either removing the front panel of the dryer and the air duct assembly, or disconnecting wires from the temperature switch. Probably just best for you to replace the control board inside the control panel. It can be returned if it doesn't fix the problem. You might first try removing the board and cleaning the contacts on the back of the board where the wiring connector plugs in, with a pencil eraser until clean and shiny.

GE WE04X10103 Pc Board-No Buzzer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric
MrsG  
#5 Posted : Friday, February 6, 2015 10:54:08 AM(UTC)
MrsG

Originally Posted by: fairbank56 Go to Quoted Post
This requires either removing the front panel of the dryer and the air duct assembly, or disconnecting wires from the temperature switch. Probably just best for you to replace the control board inside the control panel. It can be returned if it doesn't fix the problem. You might first try removing the board and cleaning the contacts on the back of the board where the wiring connector plugs in, with a pencil eraser until clean and shiny.

GE WE04X10103 Pc Board-No Buzzer - AppliancePartsPros.com

Eric

The control panel was delivered and installed this morning. PROBLEM SOLVED. :)

Thank you, Eric and Appliance Parts Pro.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply