Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
applrepairbiz  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 12, 2013 8:51:09 PM(UTC)
applrepairbiz

Groups: Registered

Compressor not coming on; fan motors are on; lights on inside, and controls on front panel are lit.

How can I test the start devices and compressor, so I can pin down which component is defective? I have a digital volt/ohm meter.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Denise
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Appliance Ninja  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 13, 2013 7:30:06 AM(UTC)
Appliance Ninja

Hello, Denise! On the back of the refrigerator is a rectangular cover that is protecting the electronic control board. If you remove that, you will see a connector on three large spade terminals near the bottom of the board. One of those terminals is marked COMP. With the refrigerator running, measure the voltage between that terminal and the case of the refrigerator for 120 VAC. Do you read any voltage there?
applrepairbiz  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 3, 2013 12:50:10 PM(UTC)
applrepairbiz

Hi Appliance Ninja, thanks for your reply which I just found lost in my sea of emails. I had already bought and tried the overload / start relay assy. with no change, and assummed it was most likely the compressor, but I kept the frig. in hope it wasn't the compressor. (I did buy a small 10 cu.ft. frig. for the temporary).
Anyway, I just opened up the back of frig. & removed the control bd. cover; found the connector, but the only marking on board was pin numbers J8, J9, J11. I read across all 3 spade pins (to frame ground). The two outside pins read 120 VAC (pins J8 & J11). What now?