Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Aleste  
#1 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 4:20:37 AM(UTC)
Aleste

Groups: Registered

Hello! I'm trying to fix a friends Washing machine. It's an ESTATE. I'm studying major appliance repair. It is NOT EASY!

The Washer uses 2 Water Level Switches (WPS) that seem to be used either during the Wash or Rinse function respectively according to the Techsheet. I would think that one of the WLS's is faulty but am not sure. I've called to try and buy the parts but have only been able to locate 1 of the WPS. One person told me to get only one switch or that it was no longer available. Both WPS's are joined with a "Y" shaped pressure hose that connects the the Pressure Dome. I've cleaned out the hoses and screens already. sooo...

The suspected WPS number is C13143599

Can you tell me what's wrong and what parts to get. Thank you.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

fairbank56  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 5:17:32 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
This is probably normal. This washer complies with 2011 energy standards and uses much less water than a traditional one. It is likely that it is supposed to use less water for the rinse cycle than the wash cycle and the reason it has two pressure switches.

Eric
Aleste  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 6:43:55 AM(UTC)
Aleste

Groups: Registered

Ok. I guess I'll take that answer but It's an old looking DIRECT DRIVE washer. something old complies with new regulations. I guess you should mark this fixed. BTW is there anyway you can mark this fixed. I've seen other forums have that option... just wondering. No bigee
fairbank56  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 25, 2013 7:27:36 AM(UTC)
fairbank56

Groups: Expert

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Yes, it's a direct drive design but the X in the model number indicates it's a 2010 model. If you can give the serial number, I can give the exact date of manufacture of the washer. There have been other complaints about the low rinse level and the answer given by the "experts" is that this is normal operation. The part number for the switch assembly is W10403282 and consists of both switches, hoses and tee connection. One switch has a stem on it for the control knob on the front panel and the other switch has the stem removed and is set for low level.

The government thinks we are saving all this water and energy not realizing so many people are having to run extra rinse cycles or washing twice just to get the clothes clean and/or the soap out. The energy/water requirements will be even tighter in 2015. All the more reason to keep your pre 2007 washer going no matter the cost.

Eric
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply