Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Laynechain  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 31, 2008 3:35:29 AM(UTC)
Laynechain

Groups: Registered

Hi, I need help!!!
I have an old 1979 Litton Micromatic Microwave Range(electric 230v)
I ran the self clean option and it didn't turn off when it was supposed to. So I did it manually.
The oven wouldn't work.(The stove top did). I noticed the selection switch smoking. So, I repaired the Oven switch(one that selects bake,broil,clean,time bake etc..). I also repaired the temp. switch(warm,200,250.broil,etc.). All is well (the oven and stove works)except
the light that lights up indicating the oven is on does not light up.(checked it to see if it was blown it's not)and the the temp light stays on until the temp(that it is set to) is reached even when the oven isn't on( when I turn it all the way down to warm). So I have a oven on indicating light that won't illuminate when on and a temp light that won't go off unless the oven is on and it reaches the temp. it's set for.
I unplugged it after using it(the oven). I'm concerned that the temp switch light has power going to it when it is on and don't want a fire.
I have electrical experience and everything seems ok. wires etc... I don't have a schematic for this oven to help though.
P.S. The contacts on the selection switch the rivet was loose so it was slipping down. So, I fixed that and the temp selection switch was fine. I just cleaned it up.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. (We are really tight on funds and I would like to fix this one and FEEL SAFE.)
Thank you for your time and kindness,
John
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.