Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! You can not login or register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
gerefriGSS22JERFWW  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:34:38 PM(UTC)
gerefriGSS22JERFWW

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: SWKRO Go to Quoted Post
Thank you. Can you give me a liitle bit more detailed "how to" I thought I saw a previous poster who had some pictures, but now I cant find the post. I have very limited electrical skill, but can follow directions well.
[LIST=1]
  • What is a jumper?
  • How do I jump?
  • What specific pins get jumped?
  • Is there a schematic of the motherboard?[/LIST]Also, If I replace the thermister (it looks like it is fried, it has brown/black ooze at the bootom) can I just splice it to the exitsing white wire? I noticed a harness/plug behind the ice maker that looks too hard to get to. Would I also be able to do the same with the defrost thermostat?

Appreciate the help!!

• Sorry again...I have the same questions that you did? Would you kindly answer these questions please? Thank you very much. Also, how quick did you get your order delivered? I'll start ordering on this site, thanx
    SWKRO  
    #12 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:45:28 PM(UTC)
    SWKRO

Muthaboard should be on the back (outside of your fridge) it will have a cover over it. You need to UNPLUG the power before you open the cover. The thermister & defrost thermostat are inside the freezer unit, clipped onto the evaporative coil. You need to Google your fridge model and see what you can come up with on other sites. You can not work blindly without a diagram to see where verything is located on you model. The evaporative coils are covered by a plate inside the freezer. If you installed the defrost element yourself, what that defrosts is the ice build up on the coil.
    gerefriGSS22JERFWW  
    #13 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:55:20 PM(UTC)
    gerefriGSS22JERFWW

Yes, I replaced the def heater by myself (very proud haha)...the company that came over wanted to charge me $275 in addition to the $65 diagnose fee...I replaced it with a double (dual element heater) and it worked for over a week but now back to square one...but I'll google it to come up with its diagram....thanks so much for getting back to me quickly...I'll post any info they give me if there's any recalls from GE...again thanxx ;)
    SWKRO  
    #14 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 1:55:31 PM(UTC)
    SWKRO

Originally Posted by: gerefriGSS22JERFWW Go to Quoted Post
    Sorry again...I have the same questions that you did? Would you kindly answer these questions please? Thank you very much. Also, how quick did you get your order delivered? I'll start ordering on this site, thanx

Jumpers are little alligator clip jumper cables that you get from Radio Shack.

I tried to give you a link, but it wont post on this site, Please GOOGLE your make/model# & problem
    gerefriGSS22JERFWW  
    #15 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 2:01:19 PM(UTC)
    gerefriGSS22JERFWW

Originally Posted by: SWKRO Go to Quoted Post
    Muthaboard should be on the back (outside of your fridge) it will have a cover over it. You need to UNPLUG the power before you open the cover. The thermister & defrost thermostat are inside the freezer unit, clipped onto the evaporative coil. You need to Google your fridge model and see what you can come up with on other sites. You can not work blindly without a diagram to see where verything is located on you model. The evaporative coils are covered by a plate inside the freezer. If you installed the defrost element yourself, what that defrosts is the ice build up on the coil.

Thanks for telling me about unplugging the power...the tech that came over didn't unplug the the power when he removed the defrost heater...I'm looking forward to conquering the beast myself hahaha :cool:
    Grumps  
    #16 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:00:52 PM(UTC)
    Grumps

Hi GSS22JERFWW
    This link will get you to the parts list for your model.
    Appliance Parts search by model or part number | AppliancePartsPros.com. Type in the model number
    Hope it helps
    Grumps
    Grumps  
    #17 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 4:03:43 PM(UTC)
    Grumps

HI SWKRO
    Thanks for the info. Hopefully it's a part and not the motherboard.
    Thanks again
    Grumps
    gerefriGSS22JERFWW  
    #18 Posted : Tuesday, October 20, 2009 5:31:17 PM(UTC)
    gerefriGSS22JERFWW

Thanks for the link Grumps :) I'll post my progress as I move along.......