Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ken4230  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 12:32:32 PM(UTC)
Ken4230

Groups: Registered

Model number 110.85091401 Kenmore Elite Smartheat Quietpak 9. Dryer has power, but will not engage cycle. Instead I get 3 beeps. Ran the error code test (More/Less) and received the SE code on the display and all LED lights were red except Clothes Dry, it was green. Also, Dryer light is not on. I am assuming this is a Sensor Error or Switch Error but I want to ask you, the professional. And if so, how do I replace it? I have the dryer apart and removed the lint screen and the bottom panel so all is exposed.
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Gene  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 21, 2012 2:48:07 PM(UTC)
Gene

Groups: Senior Expert, Administrators

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I'm assuming you did find the Tech sheet (behind the toe panel) because you knew how to perform the diagnostic test.

Remove the top panel as described on the page 10 to access the door switch and check the door switch for continuity.

There are 3 wires connected to the switch: white, brown and blue. Unplug the switch wire harness and check it for continuity at the plug. It should read continuity between the terminals with the white and the brown wires connected to when the door is open, and between the terminals with the white and blue wires connected to when the door is closed.

If the readings are incorrect, replace the door switch.

- The door switch Part number: AP4588360
Part number: AP4588360

Gene.
Ken4230  
#3 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 11:43:52 AM(UTC)
Ken4230

OK. I received the door switch part and installed it. Now I receive an error code 88. All lights red except Check Lint Screen. Also, will not engage until I open the door beeps and close the door and press start. At that point it runs with a autotime of 08 min on the LED. Where too next to fix this?
Gene  
#4 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 12:20:06 PM(UTC)
Gene

Did you test the door switch prior to order and replace it?

The description on the problem you posted is confusing. There are no "88" error codes listed for this model.

As far as I understood, originally the dryer did not start at all. Now it does start but it does something wrong. Can you describe it more detailed please?

Gene.
Ken4230  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 2:04:20 PM(UTC)
Ken4230

My fault.... I did not press and hold the start button. It is working fine now. Thank you again for all of your help. I guess the 88 code means there are no errors. Thanks again.
Gene  
#6 Posted : Monday, March 26, 2012 3:10:27 PM(UTC)
Gene

You are welcome. I'm glad it's up and running.

Gene.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply