Customer Support 7 days a week

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

New Topic Post Reply
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JDish  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 4:45:14 PM(UTC)
JDish

Groups: Registered

Occurs every week -- Ice maker does not make ice because the metal bar that indicates when the icebucket is full, freezes in the up-right position. I dissasemble the icemaker, thaw out the gears, and it works again for another week or so ... then the gears freeze again...

Ive tried so many anti-freeze lubricants but still the internal gears get frozen up with ice --- suggestions ??

Why is water getting into the gear box in the first place?
Sponsor
See inside of your appliance - diagrams and part photos for virtually every model.

powered by AppliancePartsPros.com

Dave77  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 15, 2013 7:12:39 AM(UTC)
Dave77

Groups: Registered

Originally Posted by: JDish Go to Quoted Post
Occurs every week -- Ice maker does not make ice because the metal bar that indicates when the icebucket is full, freezes in the up-right position. I dissasemble the icemaker, thaw out the gears, and it works again for another week or so ... then the gears freeze again...

Ive tried so many anti-freeze lubricants but still the internal gears get frozen up with ice --- suggestions ??

Why is water getting into the gear box in the first place?

Is this frig made by LG by some chance? There is a problem with that on the LG frig made for Sears. Had the same problem and ended up replacing the entire ice maker, but there is still a minor water leak related to it somewhere. The fill tube for the ice maker is part of the problem, in my opinion.

You might also be experiencing a freezing problem in the frig in the crisper drawer.
Quick Reply Show Quick Reply